Experiences with Mckay Dee L&D in UT? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 02-15-2010, 03:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone want to share their L&D experiences with McKay Dee in Utah? I'm trying to find information on statistics or ratings online but I'm not having much luck. I'm due on the 27th but I just don't know if I'll make it and I'm having FTM jitters. (What's their C section %, natural births, how they deal with 'crunchy' moms, etc)

I went to their ER earlier on in my pregnancy with a kidney infection and they were really fast at pumping me full of pain meds before getting a sample of anything...

A belly dancing, coffee loving, WoW nerd, first timer, mama!
#2 of 4 Old 02-16-2010, 02:05 AM

I was born there, does that count?

No? Oh, sorry, I am not helpful

Kris - married to Nate since 12/06, mom to Toby since 1/08. Also servant to two felines. Done having babies for medical reasons.

#3 of 4 Old 02-17-2010, 07:40 PM

I delivered there 2.5 yrs ago a few months after moving to the area. At the time I found some % stats online, but I don't have them bookmarked to pull up now. I remember it being fairly average for the country.

It was my first birth and I was a bit naive. When I filled out my birth plan when I went for a tour, they gave me options such as walking monitors that I assumed were an option, since they were on the birth plan. When I was actually there delivering walking monitors were not an option, and I had to be in bed getting monitored for at lest 15 minutes of every hour. During one of my hours it had to be longer since they didn't get a consistent reading. I think it was usually about 20 minutes. I was looking forward to getting into the shower for a little relief (since there were no tubs), but the particular shower I had in my birthing room had the most pathetic stream of water.

Overall the nurses were super nice and helpful, but made a lot of comments that they aren't used to having people up and walking instead of in bed on a drip Feel free to ask any questions. Hope this helps and good luck!
#4 of 4 Old 02-21-2010, 06:46 PM
A&A

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
In '02 I had a natural birth there. They were very supportive of my doula being there, too.
But I don't think they were really used to natural births, because I looked up at one point to see a BUNCH of people watching me!! I was in too much pain to care, though.

Ds stayed with us the whole time (roomed in, didn't leave for anything.)

I think it also really depends on your OB, as well. You want one with a supportive attitude. (My OB gave birth a few months before I did, so she was totally cool.)

"Our task is not to see the future, but to enable it."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page