Hey Phoenix Mamas... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 02-24-2010, 10:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi!

DS, DH & I will be visiting Scottsdale the first week of April. We'll be staying at my mom's place. Would you mind answering a few questions for me?

1. What should we expect from the weather? Will it be warm enough to swim outside?

2. I don't have any summer (or even spring) outfits for my LO. What should I bring for him to wear? Shorts & tshirts? Or will he need long pants and / or sleeves?

3. Any suggestions for how we can get from the airport to my mom's place? We will NOT have a carseat with us on the plane. Good taxi services that have carseats that we could use? Maybe a car service? We were NOT impressed with the SuperShuttle last time- we waited forever at the airport and no shuttle ever came- we ended up paying an arm and a leg for a cab.

4. We've never been there with kids before. Any ideas for fun things we could do? We don't want to travel to anything (ie Sedona is too far)- but we'll go anywhere in the Phoenix area up to Cave Creek / Carefree.

Money is an issue- we're not going to travel like monks, but we definitely need to be frugal.

Thanks in advance mamas!

Sleepy mama to Colin Theodore 8-12-08 and Trevor Arthur 7-17-12.

#2 of 5 Old 02-26-2010, 12:49 AM - Thread Starter

Really? No one? What did I do wrong?

#3 of 5 Old 02-26-2010, 11:41 AM

Sorry, Belia, that no one answered right away...so I'll take a stab at your questions.

1. Yes, it may be warm enough to swim, but it depends if the pool is heated or not. Our pool at home is not heated and is usually not comfortable/warm enough to swim in until May.

2. Definitely will not need long sleeves/long pant in April. It will probably be in the 60s/70s/80s/maybe low 90s. Bring summer clothes, and maybe a light jacket for evenings, but you probably won't need it.

3. Sorry, I don't know of any good transportation recommendations that would provide a carseat, other than car rentals.

4. Fun things for kids: Phoenix Zoo, Children's Museum of Phoenix, McCormick Stillman Railroad Park in Scottsale, Arizona Museum for Youth in Mesa.

Have a great trip!
#4 of 5 Old 02-26-2010, 09:14 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
HI,
IMO bring summer clothes for the day and longer clothes for the evening, dress in layers...

also bring a car seat, borrow from a friend, pick up one at a kiddie resale shop if you dont own one but you will need one here. how do you plan on driving aroudn town w/o one?

There is a great kids museum in downtown phoenix, its about $10 each to get in... its very cool and everyone loves it.

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

#5 of 5 Old 02-26-2010, 09:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra15 View Post
also bring a car seat, borrow from a friend, pick up one at a kiddie resale shop if you dont own one but you will need one here. how do you plan on driving aroudn town w/o one?.
My mom has a van with a carseat out there at her place. But she will not be there, so she won't be available to pick us up at the airport. We basically need to get from the airport to her empty house.

It's good to know about the Children's Museum. There are several around here, and DS loves going. I kind of feel funny because we're going to Arizona from freaking cold, snowy CHICAGO! We should be outside!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page