Going to Phoenix For A Few Days, Need Advice On What To Do! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-27-2010, 11:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hello to all who live and phoenix (or knows it well).
we will be traveling there for a few days next week and i need ideas on what to do when we are there - in terms of sightseeing, cool places, unique restaurants...
i guess if you had a friend coming in, where would you take them? what would you want to show them?
thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2010, 04:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
In downtown is the science museum and children's museum. Also a historical museum but we haven't been there. My kids love both museums, though they are kind of pricey. There's the botanical gardens. I haven't been in decades (I no longer live there, I'm in Tucson, so go to our own botanical gardens.) In Scottsdale is the McCormick park railroad if you've got younger kids.

You'll likely want to go to a Mexican restaurant. I think this is where I went: http://www.frankandlupes.com/

If you want historical native museum http://www.heard.org/ We used to go there for school field trips when I was a kid. I haven't been there since the 70s.

When we go, we just go to visit relatives so mainly the kids play with their cousins or we do the above mentioned museum and train. Also open gym at Scottsdale gymnastics, but I doubt if that's very touristy.

Created an instant family (7/89 and 5/91) in 1997. Made a baby boy 12/05 adopted a baby girl 8/08. Ask me about tandem adoptive nursing. Now living as gluten, dairy, cane sugar, and tomato free vegetarians. Homeschooling and loving it.

User Tag List