Must-see spots in Sedona? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-09-2010, 09:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We're heading to Mesa for spring training and will be taking a day trip to Sedona. Any must-see spots? I'd like to check out a vineyard in the morning, but I'd like to spend the rest of the day soaking up the scenery. Where should we head to? Any recommended places for lunch or dinner?
#2 of 5 Old 03-11-2010, 04:24 PM - Thread Starter

Nothing to see in Sedona?
#3 of 5 Old 03-11-2010, 11:43 PM

The vinyards are sweet. My fav is Javelina Leap.

As you come into Sedona from there, take a right on Upper Red Rock Loop Rd to the Red Rock Crossing (follow signs). That's the monolith that everyone associates with Sedona.

You will also want to check out Tlaquepaque, an artisan village with fab restaurants. See the Chaple of the Holy Cross, an architectural beauty with stunning views. You have to see the sunset from Airport Mesa, OMG!

As for food, it all depends on what you are in the mood for. Ask around once you are here. We have wonderful food.

If you like hiking, Boynton Trail is one of my favorites. You will need to pick up a Red Rock Pass to park on any forest service land to do any hiking around here. They are only $5 though. OR A jeep tour will get you lots of scenerey in about 2 hrs time.

Bring your camera and have fun.
#4 of 5 Old 03-12-2010, 05:57 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the tips! I think we're going to do our own driving tour, so thanks for the info about the parking pass!
#5 of 5 Old 03-13-2010, 02:23 PM

I want to mention, too, that they are dozens of "Tourist Information Centers" here. They have great hiking maps and such for free, but they are booths that sign you up for the time share tours. Time share is the back bone of this town, and if you know that ahead of time it helps it to not seem so offensive. You will be invited! I know. I work for one.
Do enjoy!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page