Any Mothering.com street team volunteers in SLC? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-20-2010, 11:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Or do you want to be? I'm hosting a conference in June in South Jordan and we'd love a Mothering.com table in the vendor area, but what I'm hearing is that there are no volunteer's in our area yet. If you are interested, please sign up! We'd give you some conference perks as well. ANyone who volunteers we'd give a big thank you (ie conference perk) as well.
Amy
#2 of 6 Old 03-21-2010, 07:17 PM

I've never heard about being a volunteer. What does it entail? What is the conference, and what would the perks be? I'm interested, depending on when it is. My sister is due in June and I don't want to plan anything the week of her due date.
#3 of 6 Old 03-22-2010, 12:32 AM

I'd like to know more also....

Aspiring ExPat
#4 of 6 Old 03-26-2010, 05:58 PM - Thread Starter

The conference is here www.holisticldsliving.com and the info for the street team is here http://www.mothering.com/street-team/ . I've pasted below what the page says, butI'd really love to see a mothering.com table in the vendor area just to spread the word. Go ahead and email the mothering.com contact to sign up, but feel free to email me to just so I know where I'm at with the table thebirthsource at gmail dot com. thanks ladies!

Amy

The Mothering Street Team will represent Mothering at conferences in their local area by participating in the following: have a presence at a booth, distribute magazines, provide a breastfeeding area, do sling and cloth diaper demonstrations, and connect with new moms.

There are two ways you can participate as a volunteer with Street Teams:

* Let us know of an event in your area where you feel Mothering’s presence would be valued. There are many local events Mothering would love to be involved in. Some examples include; family days, green festivals, birth and baby fairs, and natural living expos.
* Sign up for one of the many national events where Mothering has already negotiated booth space.

For each conference the Street Team volunteers will be provided with a kit consisting of all of the supplies and materials they will need for each event.

Street Team Kit includes the following:

* Mothering aprons
* Subscription take-one cards
* Magazines
* Mothering banner
* Email sign up sheet
* Raffle prize
* Supplies: pens, clipboard, table cloth
* UPS label for return shipment
* Inventory Sheet

Please email simones@mothering.com

Thank you for your interest and continued support of Mothering Magazine.
»

* Printer-friendly version
* Send to friend
#5 of 6 Old 04-01-2010, 12:54 AM

Sorry, I've been off-line for a few days. I was actually thinking of going to this, but the price is a bit too much for us to afford right now. What are the conference perks? Any chance class notes or handouts would be included? Also, would I be able to have my baby there with me some of the day? At that time, he'll be 11 months, but I can't imagine him being able to go a whole 8-9 hours without me to feed him. Let me know.
#6 of 6 Old 04-06-2010, 01:04 AM - Thread Starter

there will be a conference handout binder, which any mothering volunteer would get for free. your baby would be completely welcome in the vendor area for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambishop19 View Post
Sorry, I've been off-line for a few days. I was actually thinking of going to this, but the price is a bit too much for us to afford right now. What are the conference perks? Any chance class notes or handouts would be included? Also, would I be able to have my baby there with me some of the day? At that time, he'll be 11 months, but I can't imagine him being able to go a whole 8-9 hours without me to feed him. Let me know.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page