homeschool groups in Phoenix Metro? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-26-2010, 03:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am trying to decide whether or not to homeschool my daughter (she is 4.5, and will be a Kindergartener this fall). One of the problems I am having is that I feel so isolated. I don't have any homeschooling friends, and it seems as though so many of the homeschooling families around here are ultra-conservative right-wing types (which is fine, but we are not, and I don't feel entirely comfortable in those situations, so please don't flame me!). Do any of you know of any active homeschooling groups that are open and welcoming? My dd really needs some friends and interaction with other kids, and I could use some support should I decide to homeschool! Thanks.

--naismama
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2010, 06:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
There are many throughout the area and a good number of them are secular and more liberal or at least not overly conservative. Check out afhe ( http://www.afhe.org/support_groups.htm ) for some listings. There are other listings if you Google.

VHE and Summit View are two groups I'm familiar with. I live way out now and we have a group here too but it's been a little slow to get off the ground.

Shellie
Declutter - 789/2010 (counting the stuff on my porch waiting for a Freecycler to pick it up! )

User Tag List