Are there a lot of Veg*ns and GF families in Phoenix? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 04-16-2010, 01:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My cousin is opening a restaurant in Phoenix, and I suggested that he should add vegetarian/vegan versions onto the menu. Its going to be NY-style food, like pizzas, panninis, soulvaki, subs, etc. I suggested stuff like Daiya cheese for pizzas and sandwiches, Tofurkey, etc. Gluten-free is big (or at least around here in upstate NY), so I suggested getting GF breads and pizza crusts. Are there are lot of veg*ns and GF families in the Phoenix area to make this worth his while having it on the menu? Or would that kind of stuff go bad before being ordered because there wouldn't be a big demand?

Also, any GF rolls, pizza crusts, etc that you'd recommend he should use? (We're vegan but not GF, so I don't know much about the various GF products.) I'd say preferably frozen, so there would be less waste if they go stale before being used.

Thanks!
#2 of 2 Old 04-23-2010, 09:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
From what I can tell most GF families dont eat out or they accomodate when they are out. I know there is a restaurant at Desert Ridge that has GF on the menu, its a steak house and I cant remember the name of it right now.

Depending on where she is located GV/V could be her niche. Starting a restaurant is going to be difficult in this market. Phx isn't exactly hopping right now.

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page