Certified nurse midwife in Utah valley - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-05-2010, 02:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can someone recommend a certified nurse midwife in Utah valley? (I live in Orem, if it matters.) I appreciate all details! I'm researching birth options and am quite overwhelmed.
#2 of 5 Old 05-10-2010, 03:22 PM

Unfortunately Utah county doesn't have a ton of options, but there are some. I'm seeing the CNMs at New Beginnings in Orem, and have been quite pleased. They are all excellent and very experienced, and are supportive of my goals as far as having as much of a non-medicalized birth as possible. They only deliver at Orem Community Hospital though, which I'm okay with because it's smaller and not very busy and the nurses are good. Just google New Beginnings midwives and you'll find their website. They're associated with IHC and take Medicaid. I have also gone in the past to the certified nurse midwives at Mount Timpanogos Women's Healthcare Center in Pleasant Grove, and they're pretty good as well.

Sarah, WAHM and partner to incredible DH, mama to DS (10/08) and DS (6/10). Missing baby boy lost at 13 wks 12/19/12. angel2.gif

#3 of 5 Old 06-19-2012, 10:34 AM

I would NEVER recomend a midwife to Anyone!

The midwives will tell you that if theres any problems there will be a doctor right there to help.  Well That is just a flat out lie, do not believe it!  If you have an emergancy, There are not always doctors on hand. That was the case in my situation and I was at a hospital!  My baby was in destress durring delivery and The doctor on call was delivering someone elses baby and my baby was left to die. The midwioves could do Nothing!!!!!!!   Your comfort is far less importaint then the life and wellbeing of your baby.

#4 of 5 Old 06-23-2012, 09:16 PM

Wow. just wow. I hope your baby is OK but unless you're induced you never know when the baby's coming. I've had an OB at Timp. Hospital, a CNM at Orem Community, and midwife at Better Birth birthing center. My last birth (a wonderful water birth!) was by far the best experience. I felt like I mattered and was cared about. My first (with the OB) was most stressful because they wanted to do interventions that I was not OK with. I felt like all the doctor did was show up to catch the baby and sew me up. I've heard plenty of stories of the nurses having to deliver the baby because it all happened so quickly so to blame the midwife for not telling you the truth about having a doctor available is harsh. Yes, maybe she should have been more knowledgeable though. Other than Better Birth (also called Bella Natal, at least on their window) and New Beginnings, attached to Orem Community Hospital, I don't know of any other options. I'm not sure how to locate independent midwives.

#5 of 5 Old 08-19-2012, 03:12 PM

Chamberlina you appear to be going into every thread you can find and posting your story. I am truly sorry for your loss. I'm not sure that resurecting old threads and reposting the same thing repeatedly is really going to have the effect you desire. As mentioned in a different thread there is a board here in the mothering community where you can openly discuss your loss and understandable frustration with others.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page