Anyone used Utah midwife Heather Johnston before? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 08-24-2010, 08:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DH and I are expecting our second child, due April 6, 2011! Our first DS was born at home with a very competent and experienced homebirth midwife. I have no complaints about the midwife that attended our son's birth, but DH didn't quite feel like their personalities "meshed." Like, he would try to make a joke, and she would kind of reprimand him, type of a thing.

Anyway, we are probably going to go with Heather Johnston this time, and I was just wondering if I could get some feedback from those who have used her before. Thanks!

Melissa Wife to DHpartners.gif, Mom to DSbouncy.gif (3 y.o.) and DD wave.gif (infant) We are a homebirthing, no circ, select and delay vax, cosleeping, full-term breastfeeding happy family!

#2 of 6 Old 09-08-2010, 02:13 PM

ME! Me!

I had my second child with her - I love her

She has a wonderful ability to be able to tell what I needed and when. Helping me throughcontractions, counter pressure etc. But when I needed her to be hands off she was. She was so proffesional but also just like family - she sang childrens church songs with us when I needed a boost. And laughed with us when needed. I never fely insacure or unsure of myself one bit. I whole heartedly recomend her!!!

Bec, Married eternally to Dan for ten years. Parents to A (8/17/06) O (12/30/09) one love lost (2/07/09) and my little twin angels (9/24/11, 10/11/11)

#3 of 6 Old 09-08-2010, 02:21 PM - Thread Starter

Thank-you for the response! That is just what I am looking for. We have a sort of meet and greet scheduled with her at 3pm today; I am just waiting to here back from her with directions to her Layton location.

I kind of wanted to just go ahead and have this be our first prenatal appointment, but DH wants to meet her first, and hold off another two weeks for our first prenatal. I am 10 weeks today. I guess my train of thought is that there aren't really a whole lot of homebirth midwives in the Weber-Davis area, and I've liked her so far just through our phone conversations. If DH doesn't "click" with her, I don't even know who else we could go with.

Anyway, I'm excited to meet her in person. Thank-you for responding!

Melissa Wife to DHpartners.gif, Mom to DSbouncy.gif (3 y.o.) and DD wave.gif (infant) We are a homebirthing, no circ, select and delay vax, cosleeping, full-term breastfeeding happy family!

#4 of 6 Old 09-09-2010, 01:06 AM

I hope your meet and greet went well! Knowing her she wouldn't do anything at 10 weeks anyway. She tends to be fairly hands off during pre-natals. I was NAK before, so sorry it was so brief and had so many spelling mistakes. But I really really can't express how much I love her. She handled my miscarriage right before I became pregnant again, and was really understanding about all of my insane worries. Anyway, like I said, I could go on and on!

Congrats on all!

Bec, Married eternally to Dan for ten years. Parents to A (8/17/06) O (12/30/09) one love lost (2/07/09) and my little twin angels (9/24/11, 10/11/11)

#5 of 6 Old 09-09-2010, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseRed View Post
I hope your meet and greet went well! Knowing her she wouldn't do anything at 10 weeks anyway. She tends to be fairly hands off during pre-natals. I was NAK before, so sorry it was so brief and had so many spelling mistakes. But I really really can't express how much I love her. She handled my miscarriage right before I became pregnant again, and was really understanding about all of my insane worries. Anyway, like I said, I could go on and on!

Congrats on all!

Ouch on the miscarriage. Was that the first time you'd lost one? I've had three.
#6 of 6 Old 10-12-2010, 05:37 PM

I recommend Heather to everyone I know looking into homebirth. She's exceptional. I used her for my midwife assisted homebirths.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page