No vax and intact friendly pediatrician along the Wasatch front? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 09-11-2010, 09:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am thinking very seriously of switching to another pediatrician because we are not vaxing. I have heard good things about Dr. Jed Vandenberghe with no vax. Anyone had experience with him? Any other recommendations? Please help!

Mom to Lovebug 2/10 and wife to DH.
Thrilled to debut our beautiful 2011 breastfeeding calendar! www.beautyofmothering.com
#2 of 8 Old 09-12-2010, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicky85 View Post
I am thinking very seriously of switching to another pediatrician because we are not vaxing. I have heard good things about Dr. Jed Vandenberghe with no vax. Anyone had experience with him? Any other recommendations?
Please help!
I don't know Dr. Vandenberge, but my ped, is amazing. Signed a waiver that she felt it was in ds's best interest to not vax, that is good for school or any public place that he needs a waiver for vaxing. I also switched to her, after my first ped tore my ds's foreskin at 2 mo old!! She told me, never touch a babies foreskin until they are 2 and then teach them how.

Dr. Susan Holbrook, at Alpine Medical.

There some other peds at that clinic in line with her thinking as well, but I'm not sure of their names. She also takes medicaid, which is important for our family!

Student nurse Mamma to Kaylum (3/01/2007) and wife to computer nerd DH .

#3 of 8 Old 09-18-2010, 03:17 PM

Just found this thread that has some good suggestions:
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...php?p=12953427

Also, got these responses off a local yahoo group.
*I like Dr. Holbrook at Alpine Medical. She has helped us through some similar issues without ever mentioning the C word.

*Someone in this group recommended the Pioneer Clinic in one of the old threads because of a more open view to natural medicine.

*Not pediatrician but I HIGHLY recommend the pediatric urologists at Primaries!

*I swear this pediatrician breathed a sigh of relief when my son was born and we told him we had done our research and would be keeping him intact Dr. Kenneth Stevenson at Mt. Star Pediatrics inside Ogden Regional.

*I don't know where in Utah you are, but Marcie Conner in AF is friendly to intact boys.
http://www.uvpediatrics.com/physicians/phy_conner.php

*I highly recommend Dr. Memmott (male) or Dr. Chamberlain (female) at Willow Creek Pediatrics.

Chai, DS (3/05) and DS (2/10)
#4 of 8 Old 10-18-2010, 01:32 PM

My son sees a pediatric naturopath:
http://www.healingpediatrics.com/
He respects parent's choices, which I like. My son is unvaxed and intact. Dr. Humphries is not "anti vax" but works with a number of autistic children so he has his own views on vaccines and their risks. He believes some vaccines are important but honors mother's intuition and doesn't ever push anything on you. He sends out a monthly newsletter with valuable information about vaccines, natural treatments, etc. He even does web seminars (last year he did one for H1n1) where parents log into a conference and he talks about the issue and answers questions!
#5 of 8 Old 10-21-2010, 05:06 PM

I'll throw in another vote for Dr. Holbrook.. we moved out of SLC, but she is wonderful, I loved her!

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#6 of 8 Old 10-22-2010, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chai View Post
*I don't know where in Utah you are, but Marcie Conner in AF is friendly to intact boys.
http://www.uvpediatrics.com/physicians/phy_conner.php

We see Doc Mumford at the same practice. We selectively vax and he's never said a word about it. Also knows to leave an intact penis alone. He did raise eyebrows about my home birth with DD, but conceded that usually babies born at home are fine, as was obviously the case with DD.
#7 of 8 Old 11-16-2010, 06:53 AM

Thank you all for your suggestions, we're new to area, and have a baby on the way, not to mention three little intact boys! I need a good doc who isn't going to freak when I refuse certain vax's. Anyone have any other good suggestions for north of Salt Lake, as far north as Ogden?

#8 of 8 Old 11-16-2010, 04:54 PM
A&A

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Dr. Alvey at Wee Care Pediatrics in Kaysville. 

"Our task is not to see the future, but to enable it."

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page