Recommendations for Pediatricians in Utah Valley - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 11-15-2010, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Any good ones you know of? We're looking for less invasive, etc. We tried Dr. Wright (naturopath in Provo) and were not very happy with him. Thanks in advance.

#2 of 6 Old 12-10-2010, 07:31 PM

Not sure I know anyone, but had been considering Dr. Wight.  Would you mind sharing a bit more detail?  Thanks!redface.gif

#3 of 6 Old 12-11-2010, 10:13 AM - Thread Starter

we took our baby in at 6 weeks, nothing wrong, just looking to establish a relationship. he weighed her in at 5 pounds 14 oz. She was almost 8 at birth so this really scared me. We had quite a bit of trouble nursing, so I panicked. He was nice, but proceeded to show me the growth charts and how low she was, and said she was FTT. He strongly recommended 'On Becoming BabyWise' which I learned is pretty frowned upon. He also said her hip was creaking and she may need a brace at some point.

I cried all the way home and all afternoon. I was scared I was starving her. We had a visitor come by and I told her about the visit and she looked at my baby and said there is no way that baby weighs less than seven pounds. Anyway, I had her re-weighed and she did weigh 8 pounds. Our midwife checked her hip and said the pop was in her knee, not the hip and would be fine.

I called his office and explained the weight issue and how upset I was and I never heard anything from him. I was very upset to not even hear anything back, and surprised he couldn't tell a 6 pound baby from an 8 pound baby. Bottom line, just not impressed.

#4 of 6 Old 01-03-2011, 03:23 PM

Dr. Michel Whiting in American fork is good. He has been respectful to me and my choose in what to give my kids. I also LOVE the Nurse Practioner. She's great.

#5 of 6 Old 01-05-2011, 06:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I haven't researched all the options in Provo/Orem because I live south. But I really like Dr. Fullmer at Utah Valley Pediatrics in Payson.

I met quite a few peds and family practitioners in the area who were authoritative and wouldn't listen to me or let me help make decisions, etc. Dr. Fullmer is great that way. Very respectful. He doesn't act like I'm a weirdo since I bf my kids past the first year and homebirth. I DO vax so I don't know how he reacts to non-vax patients.

#6 of 6 Old 02-01-2011, 02:28 PM

I LOVE Dr. David Devonport. He is in Springville but worth the drive. I homebirth and do not Vac he is very supportive of my decsions. You can always get in if there is an emergancy, and the wait has never been longer then 15 min.  He is great and I will be sad when we move. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page