I need some help in AZ! Looking for a Midwife to attend TWIN homebirth! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-02-2011, 07:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have had my last two births in NC. First planned for the hospital... second planned a home birth ended up with transferred care the last 2 weeks of my pregnancy due to high blood pressure.. so ended up back at the hospital. I am expecting again and had found a midwife. But I found out that I am expecting twins and now she says she can not provide care because of the laws in AZ. I do not want a hospital birth. I have had horrible experiences and am terrified that I will end up with so many stupid interventions... and especially because of twins I am fearing a c section. I know my body can do this. My sister gave birth naturally with her twins and one was footling breech... luckily her OB is awesome and just let her do her thing during labor. But I heard that most hospitals make you give birth in the OR even if everything is going fine " just in case" There is no way my body can relax enough to give birth in that kind of environment. Anyway I am rambling. 

I was just wondering if anyone knows of a rogue midwife who would attend a home birth of twins. 

Or an OB who is very organic and isnt so hung up on the fact that DRs are NEEDED for birth... someone who will let the process happen without constant monitoring and interventions. 

Am I just doomed for another horrible birth experience? Sad

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2011, 12:26 PM

Where in AZ are you?

April :
Mom, Wife, Doula, CBE
Old 01-03-2011, 01:38 PM

Are you in Northern Arizona or Southern?

Old 01-14-2011, 09:32 AM

Where in Arizona are you located? I found one homebirth MW- (she's a CNM instead of a CPM), that can do twin homebirths.

User Tag List