April weather for southern Utah/northern Arizona? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-03-2011, 02:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

My mom and I are doing a road trip in late April. It'll take us through Zion, possibly Bryce Canyon, and the north side of the Grand Canyon. What are we looking at in terms of weather? (I want to plan how to pack!) 

DH+Me 1994 heartbeat.gif DS 2004 heartbeat.gif DD 2008 heartbeat.gif DDog 2014
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 01-03-2011, 06:29 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It can be chilly and windy in April in Northern AZ and it gets very windy at the Grand Canyon. Beanies and thick sweat shirts out to do it, but you might also be surprised with a really beautiful warm day! And it just gets warmer and warmer the farther south you go.

#3 of 4 Old 02-04-2011, 05:05 PM

I just moved from northern Az (I lived in Fredonia a few months, then lived in a few places northwest of there) the end of June 2010 after living there for 8 years. No one plants until after Mother's Day because of the chance of heavy frost up til then, so there is a possibility it could snow. Most years, it wasn't too bad. That's North Rim and possibly Bryce Canyon weather, even though I think they might be 6,000 or 7,000 feet and we lived at 5,000 feet. On the other hand, Zion canyon will be warm in April. You might even want to wear shorts. Toquerville and LaVerkin/Hurricane (the towns people often have to go through to get to Zion's) will most definitely be warm.

#4 of 4 Old 02-05-2011, 07:45 PM

Zion and the southwest corner of Utah will have very nice warm weather (occasionally a windy day) April is beautiful with all the fruit trees blossoming etc. Bryce (I live 15 min from Bryce) will be very cold, elevation is 7000-10,000 feet. Plan on warm jackets/hats especially after sundown.

Have a wonderful trip!

Sarah

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page