Dr. Charles Martin Passed away :(....need a new ped. in East Vally, AZ - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 02-23-2011, 11:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I was very shocked to learn today that Dr. Charles Martin passed away on Valentine's day. candle.gif

I am now looking for a non-vax friendly pediatrician in the east valley.  Please respond or PM me if you have a recommendation.  I live in south chandler/Gilbert area but am willing to travel for a good doc.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 03-01-2011, 02:18 AM

I just found out today. I'm just so sad, and my kids are crushed and have been in tears off and on. I didn't always agree with him, but he was always honest with me and respected my feelings (and intuition).

FWIW, when I called the office today, I was told they are keeping it open. They are interviewing for a full-time ped. who will live up to Dr. Martin's patients' expectations (huge shoes to fill, no?). In the meantime, his NP is there on Wednesdays and a friend of his (ped. endo. I think she said) is filling in Fridays. We got an appt. and I'm going to give the new version of the practice a chance--even though it's quite a jaunt for me since moving to Pinal County a couple years ago.

I can heartily recommend Dr. Agarwal, however, if you don't want to wait and see who tries to take Dr. Martin's place. We loved Dr. Agarwal but swtiched to Martin when we moved to the east valley in early 2007.

Shellie
Declutter - 789/2010 (counting the stuff on my porch waiting for a Freecycler to pick it up! )
#3 of 3 Old 03-02-2011, 09:29 PM

I just got the news today too. :-( He was a wonderful doctor to my kids, esp. my one with complex health needs. We were his patients for 6 years.

7yo: "Mom,I know which man is on a quarter and which on is on a nickel. They both have ponytails, but one man has a collar and the other man is naked. The naked man was our first president."

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page