Tucson - VBAC hopeful mom with breech baby - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-07-2011, 04:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Does anyone know of any OBs in Tucson who will deliver breech babies and/or perform ECVs on VBAC moms?  

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2011, 11:16 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'd try Dr Maciulla first. Then I'd try chiropractic to help get baby to turn.

Angela

Doula2You

Old 04-08-2011, 09:03 AM

I agree Dr.Maciula, at University hospital that is who does most of the complex births in town. There are other perinatologists in town and some may even SAY they are willing to do breeches but the other partners in their group do not.
As for chiropractic yep and there is always moxa to try.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:58 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Maciula did my amnio. His sense of humor is very specific so just ignore it. The way my baby was laying the only way to get the fluid was to go through the placenta. He said, "This is going to be a bloody mess." He didn't hit any blood and the fluid was perfectly clear and my baby was safe. I am very against men in ob/gyn, but when it came time for my amnio I didn't care about gender or personality. I just wanted someone who is very good and that is what everyone told me he is.

Created an instant family (7/89 and 5/91) in 1997. Made a baby boy 12/05 adopted a baby girl 8/08. Ask me about tandem adoptive nursing. Now living as gluten, dairy, cane sugar, and tomato free vegetarians. Homeschooling and loving it.

Old 04-08-2011, 09:06 PM

Yeah, Dr. M has a um "unique" sense of humor and a very um "quirky" personality.  I usually warn people about that when talking to them on the phone LOL

Honestly though, for these types of stiuations I don't really trust any other OB in Tucson (and I know some absolutely WONDERFUL ones) as much as I'd trust him.

I've had intermittant monitoring with VBAC with him, VBAC of twins with him, delivery of twins where one is breech with him.  He's a colorful person for sure.

Angela

Doula2You

User Tag List