Midwife or Natural Birth friendly OB recommendations in Central Phoenix - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 04-11-2011, 02:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm six week's pregnant and starting exploring options! DD was a preemie and DS was a natural birth at a birth center, but we've only lived in Phoenix for 5 months so I know nothing about what's available in the area. Anyone willing to share the good, the bad or the ugly?!

#2 of 6 Old 04-12-2011, 12:55 AM

My homebirth midwife just opened a birthing center in central Phoenix late last year :) Her name is Mary Langlois (MaryThe Midwife.com) and the birth center is Blossom Birth Center (BlossomBirthCenter.com). You can also check them both out on Facebook. In addition to Mary there are some amazing ladies at the birth center.

Carrie~ wife to Ryan, and finally mama to Emmery (1/15/09) via IVF after 3 1/2 years TTC!
Breast Feeding, Bed Sharing, Baby Wearing, Select/Delayed Vaxing, Attached Family
#3 of 6 Old 04-13-2011, 09:53 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

If you're looking for a birth center, I would also definitely check out Babymoon Inn. The midwives there are AMAZING women.

If you're looking a bit more for an OB, I've heard great things about Camelback Women's Health. They're pretty open minded when it comes to doing things naturally, and they deliver at Scottsdale Shea Hospital, which is incredible for natural birth.

If you need a doula or recommendations, I've got you. winky.gif

, birth-working wife to   (06/2010).
TTC #1 since 2010. Dx PCOS, July 2014. Currently in testing.
, July 2012. Waiting for our  sometime very soon.
#4 of 6 Old 04-18-2011, 06:23 PM

The midwives at Bethany Home Women's Center (Bethany Home Rd and 37th Ave) are amazing! I traveled an hour each way for their care and it was more than worth it. They have privileges at Phx Baptist Hospital and are apparently opening a birth center of their own at the hospital, which I was hoping to deliver at (DS born in February 2011), but there have been delays in opening. You might check on their timeline for opening it if you're interested.

#5 of 6 Old 04-19-2011, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for all the recommendations. Checked everyone out and I have an appointment with a midwife at Bethany Women's next week, which fingers crossed, will fit my needs the best.

#6 of 6 Old 04-20-2011, 04:49 PM

I hope you enjoy them as much as I did! Lisa was on call when I delivered and also cared for me postpartum and I loved her style. Lynette and Lylaine were also wonderful every time I met with them and I would have been more than comfortable having any of them on call when I delivered. I think they also have a new midwife, who I didn't get to meet.

I would definitely recommend hiring a doula also! I delivered in a hospital, which although good, has it's obvious down-sides, as I'm sure most hospitals do. Nonetheless, my husband and I felt fully supported and cared for between the midwives and our doula and had the birth that we were hoping for! Best of luck.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page