CNM for hospital delivery in SLC - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-12-2011, 11:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi! I've read through a bunch of the posts and can't find exactly what I'm looking for. I want to find a good, caring midwife for a hospital delivery in an IHC hospital (IMC, alta view, riverton...). If anyone has any recommendations I would really appreciate it. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 08-12-2011, 01:30 PM

First of all, Alta view doesn't have any midwives with hospital privileges there.

I know there are 2 midwives who deliver in a hospital on the west side (Taylorsville maybe?) but I don't know anything about them.  

The other two groups that I know about are the IMC midwives and the LDS hospital midwives.  They used to all be a part of the same group at the LDS hospital before IMC was built.  Then they split to cover both places.  Both groups do "group care" so you get a different midwife at almost every appt and you never know which one will be at your delivery.  They all have different personalities and different ways of handling things but they all work under the same hospital restrictions.  

They all offer free consultations so you can go in and meet with a midwife and ask questions to see if their model of care is what you are looking for.  I would highly recommend doing that.  

Also, look into freestanding birth centers.  If you are going with hospital CNM's just because of your insurance you may be able to find a cheaper option with a birth center even though you'd have to pay for it yourself.  There are a lot of options in the valley, it just depends on what is most important to you.

#3 of 4 Old 08-17-2011, 04:59 PM

My sister went with Julie Jones, who now delivers at the Riverton hospital, and she was great.

Kara mommy to Jason 9/27/04 ribboncesarean.gif, Jacob 6/1/06 vbac.gif, Nathan 11/13/08 ribboncesarean.gif, and twin boys Isaac and Caleb born 1/10/11 vbac.gif
#4 of 4 Old 08-19-2011, 11:19 AM

I have heard good things about Julie Jones, and about her partner Paula Thacker.  I believe they share on call duties?  And my coworker just gave birth at IHC Riverton, where Julie and Paula practice, and LOVED the hospital.  She didn't use a midwife, but she was very impressed with the facility.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page