Mothering Forum banner

Non Vax Friendly Pediatrician in Tucson, AZ

9K views 29 replies 11 participants last post by  CuriousTangerine 
#1 ·
Hi all, I'm looking for a non-vax friendly pediatrician in Tucson. I have a six month old son and have been struggling to find an office that wont be awful to us because we have chosen not to vaccinate. I'm scared to death of vaccines as I have read many awful things about it..but also scared if im doing the right thing for my son...anyway...i'd like to take him to a pediatrician that won't harrass us or guilt trip us into thinking we are bad parents for not vaccinating. Any recommendations in the tucson area? also looking for a doctor for myself..open to a naturopath.

#2 ·
We see Janel Lloyd at Catalina Pediatrics. 323-3099. Every time we see her she says, "Any vaccinations today?" I say no and we move on. When the H1N1 was starting out and looking serious, I discussed the vaccine with her. She was honest and said, "It will only last for 6 months or so. It's a year round disease. You will have to vaccinate twice a year." I appreciated her full disclosure based on her awareness of my attitudes about vaccines despite her differing views on the subject.

I've heard if you call the office and ask if they'll take non-vaxing families that they will say no. So, just make an appt with her and don't tell anyone else about it.

#27 ·
Update on Dr. Lloyd, I took my son there for his newborn visits and let her know we weren’t sure about a lot of vaccines and didn’t want to vaccinate. She is no longer vaccine friendly. Their office kept getting families who were anti vax and they felt they were posing too much risk to the families who are vaccinating. 🙄 So now if you want to be seen there, you HAVE to vaccinate your child. So don’t waste your time.

#4 ·
just out of curiousity..we are also vegetarian...is there a reason why you don't eat tomatoes? pardon my ignorance...also sometimes i worry about baby getting enough calcium, and protein..we eat a lot of beans..and i drink almond milk and cheese..but still get concerned everynow and again...any ideas for ensuring lo gets enough calcium? or am im being silly and worrying without reason? also...is there a baby group in tucson that you are aware of..im also a stay at home mom and really need to make some mama friends!! Thank you soooo much for writing back!

#5 ·
I should change my signature to explain, but there's not much room. My daughter can't tolerate those foods is all. (Though being gluten, dairy, and cane sugar free is wonderful. Though there aren't many places we can eat out. Everything is restaurants has sugar or tomatoes.)

The birth center has a really great mom/baby group.

There was just a study in the last few days in the newspaper and online showing that elderly vegan nuns had bones as dense as omnivorous nuns. If you're drinking store bought almond milk it's probably calcium fortified. You could consider a calcium supplement.

You're probably ok with the protein, I've got to attend to my kids NOW they say.

#6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingemerson View Post

just out of curiousity..we are also vegetarian...is there a reason why you don't eat tomatoes? pardon my ignorance...also sometimes i worry about baby getting enough calcium, and protein..we eat a lot of beans..and i drink almond milk and cheese..but still get concerned everynow and again...any ideas for ensuring lo gets enough calcium? or am im being silly and worrying without reason? also...is there a baby group in tucson that you are aware of..im also a stay at home mom and really need to make some mama friends!! Thank you soooo much for writing back!
Right there with you! I joined an AP group on meetup.com but I have social anxiety and I'm really nervous to go to a meetup ha! I also see Dr. Janel Lloyd and so far I love her....haven't really discussed vaxing with her yet but will in the few weeks when DD has her 2 mo.
crap.gif

#7 ·
THanks for the tip! It looks like a great site! you made me laugh about being shy to go to a meeting i'm the same way..i've gone to the birth center group but sometimes i feel anxious to go....lol! i'm going to look for a group on there too...:) maybe one day we see eachother there! :)

#9 ·
We use Dr. Melissa Ray at Orange Grove Family Practice. She's a Family Practice doctor and cares for our whole family. Our youngest is unvaccinated and she has never given us any hassle over it. She'll ask "are we doing any vaccines today" we say "No", she smiles and says "you know I had to ask."

#11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingemerson View Post

also...is there a baby group in tucson that you are aware of..im also a stay at home mom and really need to make some mama friends!! Thank you soooo much for writing back!
www.meetup.com/MindfulMamas/ We're a nice bunch.
lol.gif

The group started out with 6 women whose babies were rapidly outgrowing the mom/baby group at the birth center and has grown pretty dramatically from there. Check us out!

#13 ·
We have been going to Janel Lloyd at Catalina Pediatrics. She is pro-vax and their office has the typical propaganda all over their walls, but she is OK with us not vaccinating. We told her we do not vax at our first appointment and she told us that they strongly believe in vaccines there. I asked her if that was going to be a problem and she said no, we'd just have to sign something. Ever since then, she either says nothing about it, or just says, "You don't vaccinate, right?" We really like her a lot!

#18 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugglefam View Post

Just called them and they have decided not to see patients who do not vax. So i'm glad i called.

I recall going to this place about 4 years ago and they got me in a room and told me I was a bad mother for not vaccinating. I never went back.
We have an appt for physical on 12/24. I will try and remember to post here if we have any issues. My guess is for established patients it's not an issue. I also think there's a good chance that if you make an appt. with Janel it will be a non-issue. Just don't advertise it on the phone or to anyone else.

#19 ·
Hello,

I have already had a run in with them, they took over the records of a retired Dr we used to see. I was appalled at how they treated me for not vaccinating, so we never went back.

You should always be able to talk on the phone with the Dr about your needs prior to booking them. They are a business too. Dr vazino talked with me for an hour, that is how I knew she was the dr for us. She told me about her child and what she did for him. I felt very comfortable seeing her.

I have a dozen leads to go off right now, will update everyone once we decide. Thank you to everyone who has sent through recommendations.

thumb.gif

#21 ·
I don't think it will be an issue for you. You are already setup with them, i'm thinking its for new patients.

I have found a dr who doesn't even do vaccinations in her facility. She is more natural and has a strong background in pediatrics. The reviews seems to be outstanding for her.

#22 ·
Totally agree.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mugglefam View Post

You should always be able to talk on the phone with the Dr about your needs prior to booking them. They are a business too. Dr vazino talked with me for an hour, that is how I knew she was the dr for us. She told me about her child and what she did for him. I felt very comfortable seeing her.

thumb.gif

#23 ·
MOPS is a good group for moms with young kids - mothers of preschoolers is what it stands for!

calcium - cooked kale, spinach, and broccoli have a TON of it!!!!!

I realize these posts are old. new to Tucson and am looking for a pediatrician who doesn't mandate vaccines and advocates natural lifestyle!

#29 ·
Dr. Ana Tanase with TMCOne is vaccine friendly and an amazing doctor!! She actually discusses each vaccine with you, provides you with helpful information and ultimately leaves the choice to vaccinate or not vaccinate up to you! WHICH IS HOW IT SHOULD BE!!! The CDC vaccine schedule is NOT tailored to fit every child in the world. Every child is unique and has different genetic makeup. What’s “safe” for one child might not be safe for another. And after all that covid vaccine crap, the last people on earth I will trust and believe in are the CDC. The covid vaccine is literal poison with over 1,000 detrimentally life changing/fatal side effects, SORRY NOT SORRY! And for anyone who doesn’t believe me, look up the documents that were unsealed that they tried to keep sealed for the next 75 years. It’s all public record now.

TMCOne
10390 N La Canada Dr, Suite 110
Tucson, AZ 85737
520-420-2110

#26 ·
Replying to doubleboymama

I was able to locate a list of doctors who are either vaccine friendly or vaccine tolerant from all across the country. I happened across it by doing a Google search of anti vax pediatricians near me and found a website called Dr. Green Mom (www.drgreenmom.com). To receive the list, you put in your email and they send it to you. But in the email, they ask you to use discretion and not post the link publicly or on social media in order to protect the identity of the doctors. Unfortunately, the only option for me on that list is a naturopathic pediatrician who does not accept insurance, so we would have to pay for every visit out of pocket. BUT she IS vaccine friendly, I called to confirm. If you choose to select a naturopathic or holistic pediatrician, there is a chance you could be reimbursed by your insurance company but there’s no guarantee.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.