Is there an interest in Spanish group lessons/playgroup in the lower Salt Lake area? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-13-2012, 12:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I would love to open a home based Spanish group lesson/playgroup. I currently have a business license and teach at local preschools/day cares and the children love Spanish class! However, I would love to also teach out of my home giving other parents an opportunity to bring their children to learn Spanish by playing games, reading books, doing arts and crafts, listening and talking to puppets and just having a fun time, all in Spanish.  I am thinking that the groups would be small (about 6-8 children) for children ages 1-3 with their caregiver and another group for ages 4-6 (not sure if I should include the parents with this older group).  I am not sure on how many days a week I should do this. It could be either ones a week or twice a week.  I would also like to get ideas of how much parents would be willing to pay for these lessons.  I don't know how aware the community in this area are of the benefits of learning a second language from a young age. My house is located in the Sandy/Draper borderline. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated. Muchas gracias! :)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2012, 09:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I think it sounds lovely! I would have loved something like that for DS.  We hear back next week to see if he got in a local charter that does language immersion and I SO hope he gets in! 

User Tag List