Urgent- Need breast milk in AZ or any ideas you have! - Mothering Forums
Utah, Arizona > Urgent- Need breast milk in AZ or any ideas you have!
natalie03434's Avatar natalie03434 10:46 PM 03-25-2012

My husband and I have had taken in an infant placed by CPS. I am a nurse in the neonatal ICU in Tucson, AZ where the baby boy was born at 24 weeks weighing 1 pound 6 ounces. What a miracle story he has and continues to have each day.

Due to drugs and other social issues he was placed in our care while mom tries to get her life together. The baby boy is now (almost) 5 months old, weighing 8 and a half pounds, and doing better than expected. Of course he has many different diagnoses but all the doctors feel he will out grow and recover from each of them. He was re-hospitalized in February with cardiac arrest due to a virus he caught so his immune system was again wiped out from all the antibiotics they were trialing along with his immature immune and nervous system he has from being born so early. He is such a fighter and we have no doubt that he will grow up to be a strong, with his relentless attitude and God's hands; however he is not able to tolerate any formula which makes his ability to thrive difficult. We have tried every formula on the market we know of (neosure, neocate, enfamil, nutramigen, etc) and he is not able to handle it. The doctors are not sure if it is a sensitivity or an allergy but for whatever reason he is only able to tolerate breast milk- he is a completely different baby with breast milk. (No rash, swelling, crying, stool issues, etc). We were blessed to have a nurse donate three weeks worth however he is almost completely out so we are searching everywhere to see if it is possible to get breast milk donated for him. We are happy to pay for the mother's breast milk storage bags and provide you with all of our little man's background information and progress along the way if interested. As a nurse I understand how crucial breastmilk is for any baby but for this special guy especially with his premature status and inability to digest formula. Any advice or info regarding where we might find breast milk would be SO appreciated! If you have milk we are more than happy to pick it up wherever is easiest for you!

~Caitlyn~'s Avatar ~Caitlyn~ 01:55 PM 03-26-2012
Try looking up "eats on feets" - I am facebook friends with the Tucson, az group, and I've seen them match these requests to donors smile.gif Back when I was looking around I wasn't able to find a Phoenix group, but there may be one now?

Best of luck!!!
LLQ1011's Avatar LLQ1011 04:35 AM 03-28-2012

I live in the phoenix area and would be willing to donate some if you would like. I'm not sure exactly how that would work. I only have 20 oz in my freezer but my LO has latley slowed down his nursing and i would like to keep my supply up a little more than hes nursing now. Especially since his recent dislike of my left boob is weird and I don;t want my right to supply more.

swelldoula's Avatar swelldoula 11:48 AM 04-03-2012

I have a friend who is willing to donate. I'm not sure of the details- how much she has etc. Can you PM me your contact info or email me here: [email protected] 

thanks!!

Mom4G's Avatar Mom4G 08:01 PM 04-03-2012

Natalie, I am a friend of Jill Matekaitis who posted this thread in the DM Mom's group on FB. I would love to help you. I have quite a bit of breast milk that I have stored since September when my youngest daughter was born. She is exclusively BF and I produce well. I may not be able to keep you in large supply later on but I am willing to give you anything I can. Please let me know if you are interested. It will probably be easiest to email me on Facebook or at my personal email [email protected] I would be happy to help! I have a 7 year old who was born at 25 weeks and I am thankful that I was able to give her everything my body could from outside my womb to get the best start in life. Your little one deserves only the best and I would love to help. Again, please just let me know and I will find a way to get it to you :-) 

Mom4G's Avatar Mom4G 08:02 PM 04-03-2012

Natalie, I am a friend of Jill Matekaitis who posted this thread in the DM Mom's group on FB. I would love to help you. I have quite a bit of breast milk that I have stored since September when my youngest daughter was born. She is exclusively BF and I produce well. I may not be able to keep you in large supply later on but I am willing to give you anything I can. Please let me know if you are interested. It will probably be easiest to email me on Facebook or at my personal email [email protected] I would be happy to help! I have a 7 year old who was born at 25 weeks and I am thankful that I was able to give her everything my body could from outside my womb to get the best start in life. Your little one deserves only the best and I would love to help. Again, please just let me know and I will find a way to get it to you :-) 

monkeymom2009's Avatar monkeymom2009 05:15 PM 04-12-2012
I followed this from a facebook post on the Tucson Birth & Women's Health Center page. I am currently nursing and pumping for a 6 month old. I live in Tucson and work at the U of A. I have some frozen stash I could share and I'm also willing to continue to supply you for the forseeable future. I'll be pumping until at least October. Right now, I easily pump 6-8 oz extra/day and if it would make a difference I'd be willing to add another pumping back in and double that. You can contact me at [email protected]
juli303's Avatar juli303 11:27 PM 05-07-2012

Hi,

I have over 100 oz of freezer milk and I'd be happy to donate it to a mom/baby in need! I'm a healthy eater, don't smoke. The milk is anywhere from 10 months to 4 months old and has been frozen the whole time. Please email me at [email protected] if you're interested. 

Thanks, 

Julie

Up