Homebirth Logan Midwives? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-07-2012, 04:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey Ladies, 

New to this website and will be new to Logan soon.. I *gulp* just found out I'm expecting #3!!!! Who do you know? Names/Phone/email and a brief description about them? Why did you choose them? 

I prefer to catch my own babies, waterbirth, eat/drink, whatever.. Enlighten me! :) 

#2 of 3 Old 05-26-2012, 08:58 PM

I know that Chris ****** frequently travels to Logan; she lives in North Ogden. She has been my midwife for both of my kids, and she is awesome.  My DH caught both of our babies. My DS was born in a birthing pool, and my DD made her entrance a little more quickly than we expected, so she was actually born in our living room next to the birthing tub mid-way through my husband filling it. She is incredibley competent and probably the most experienced midwife in Utah. She is also very hands-off, which I enjoyed. She is very laid-back. I really respect her. FOr me, I like feeling that I have a midwife who is there, "just in case." I know that she knows what to do if something were to go in an unexpected way, but also respects birth enough to sit back and let it happen the 99% of the time that nothing extra or different is needed. Send me a message if you would like her number.

Melissa Wife to DHpartners.gif, Mom to DSbouncy.gif (3 y.o.) and DD wave.gif (infant) We are a homebirthing, no circ, select and delay vax, cosleeping, full-term breastfeeding happy family!

#3 of 3 Old 05-27-2012, 12:38 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you so much for responding! 

And I know Chris! :) Thank you! I have been in contact with her recently, for my preceptor work and it turned into needing a midwife.. lol! 

But I wanted to interview a few before deciding on just one:) Thanks again! 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page