Starting up a Life Living/homeschool group on Tucson - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-11-2012, 08:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi,

I'm a life learning/ homeschooling mama looking to set up a group for pre-school to age 5 or 6 for weekly or biweekly meet up. It would be a group with interest in Montessori/Waldorf and basic life learning. Please let me know if you are a Tucson family who would like to join us or if you already know of a group like this. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2012, 11:22 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

We are in 3 secular homeschool groups. Sonoran Desert Homeschoolers, SOARing Unschoolers, and Northwest Tucson Homeschoolers. Our kids are 6.5 and 4 in August. We live near the university. 

Most of our closest homeschool friends are also in all three groups. However, we are all most active with NWTHS http://nwths.webs.com/. Most of the kids who go to park day are 10 and under. It's a nice, eclectic group. There are several families that follow curriculums, but most I hang with are on the life learning spectrum. We meet every Tuesday at a park on the NW side of town. 

SOARing is a very active group with lots of getting together to just hang out activities. The kids are just a bit older than mine so we don't do so much with them.

SDH doesn't have quite so many organized activities. Park days happen on Tuesdays during the school year at centrally located parks.

This summer Kino Learning Center is opening their school to homeschoolers so we can have an air conditioned place to get together. Cost is no more than $10 per session for two or more kids, though if you have one child or pay in advance it is less. You can pm me for more specifics. This is not babysitting, it's just a place for the kids to play in with parents on site.

Fridays at 11-12 is open gym. $15 for annual gym membership and $5 per session per child. Again, pm me for more info.

Created an instant family (7/89 and 5/91) in 1997. Made a baby boy 12/05 adopted a baby girl 8/08. Ask me about tandem adoptive nursing. Now living as gluten, dairy, cane sugar, and tomato free vegetarians. Homeschooling and loving it.

Old 06-19-2012, 01:49 PM

I'd be interested in meeting up with my 3 year old. He was at Tucson Waldorf last year, along with his sister who is 7, but I don't think we can afford to send him this coming year. We live on the northwest side of town, but will be driving to drop off older DD every morning centrally, so we could meet somewhere around there too.

Swell Doula Service

Birth - Postpartum - Placenta Encapsulation 

nocirc.gif  winner.jpg  slinggirl.gif

Old 06-19-2012, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter

That would be great. Let's see if we can get anyone else on board otherwise we can talk more about meeting up for the first time. I was thinking about posting something at the Duesenberry library. 

User Tag List