Finding an OB - help! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-19-2012, 05:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm married to a pediatrician who will never concede to a home birth (he sees all the things that can go wrong). I would like to have as natural a birth as possible, preferably at Good Sam, possibly at one of the two birthing centers in downtown Phoenix. Any suggestions or experiences with the birthing centers or any OB practices, that may have midwives as well or are more supportive of natural birth? Also, any OB's that may cater to athletes if that exists? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 07-19-2012, 06:17 PM
Banned

I don't know Good Sam.  I had a great, basically intervention-free birth at Scottsdale Healthcare - Shea, with Dr. Shannon, who I had not met before the birth, but who respectfully stood back and watched me have a baby.  I know she's been ill, but if she's back in practice, she might be worth seeking out.

#3 of 3 Old 07-19-2012, 09:22 PM

Join the Arizona Moms and Doulas FB group here:  http://www.facebook.com/groups/335929826481918/

Many of the doulas and midwives who have experience with Good Sam and the Phoenix birthing centers are a part of the group and can give you great advice on which OBs to try.  Join and ask any questions you have!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page