Mothering Forum banner

Moving to Salt Lake City area

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  kalechips 
#1 ·
I say area because we haven't found a house yet but we know it will be near SLC :) I am hoping to find a delayed / refused vax accepting, homeopathic accepting Ped. Does anyone happen to have one?

Oh and a kids dentist :)

#4 ·
I too would love if someone had a good answer to this question. I have been seeing Marcus Blackburn from Southridge pediatrics and stuck with him after seeing quite a few peds just because he's never given me any problems about not vaxing and because he's the only doctor that doesn't give me a hard time about not putting my son on a daily antibiotic for his bladder reflux. In fact when I told him I decided not to do it he actually told me a bout a recent study that might actually suggest there isn't an exact cause and effect relationship between the reflux and kidney problems ( which is the risk that regular antibiotics is supposed to help with.)

#6 ·
I now take all my kids to Dr. Michelle Palmer. The practice is called Jordan Parkway Medical Group.

When I told her we don't vaccinate, she said "ok" and moved on to the next subject. I took my third baby there three days after he was born at home unassisted and she helped me out by writing a short letter so I could get a birth certificate. When I said no to circumcision she said "he will have a better sex life later". I love her! She is very, very sweet and wonderful. She has two little children of her own, one is younger than a year.

Here is the website: http://www.physiciangrouput.com/physicians/palmer_michelle.html.

Address is 1325 W South Jordan Pkwy, Ste 102 in South Jordan, UT 84095.

The valley is pretty big so this might not be close enough for you if you live on the Westside. However, sometimes it's worth the drive. And I think she's worth it. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.