Need a Tucson RE Recommendation... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-01-2012, 02:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi everyone,

I really need some personal experiences with local Reproductive Endo's. Looks like Tucson has 2...Dr Hutchison at Reproductive Health Center and Dr. Gelety at the Arizona Center for Reproductive Endocrinology. We need to have some testing done and I would like to hear positive or negative experiences with both Dr.'s.  Did you feel respected? Were they good listeners? Did they accurately diagnose your issues? Did you have success? Costs, staff...etc.....

Much appreciated, thanks!!

JustJenny and DH of 20 years 

After a 2 year fertility struggle  - Baby girl is here! Jan 8th 2014 

2 Boxer Furbabies Buddha and Tootsie 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2012, 10:06 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)

I hope you find a doctor who is a great listener. I'm bumping your post up. bump.gif Anyone have a recommendation to share?

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

Old 10-08-2012, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks Happy smile.gif  We will are looking at testing sometime after the new year and would love to make a more educated decision. 

Old 12-18-2012, 10:15 AM

I have seen dr. Gelety. Back in 2008 and again now. I was not given a diagnosis nor do I think he listens all that well. But he is gentle, works 7 days a week to accommodate his patients, and gets me pregnant. The cost depending on your insurance is minimal to none depending on what you have had done.
My referral this time was for dr. Hutchinson, but I got it switched to dr. Gelety because I was happy with my care in 2008.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I've had clients who used Dr. Hutchinson to conceive and have been really happy. 

Angela

Doula2You

Old 12-28-2012, 10:57 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you both for the replies. After researching clinic stats I went with Dr. Gelety. His clinic was markedly more successful than Dr. Hutchison. Stormikris you are right on about his bedside manner. He talks very fast and doesn't listen all that well but he is not rude or overbearing. Not pushy at all and is very positive. He is just very statistic oriented and only goes by the tests he takes. Very cerebral guy.  Forget my charts or thoughts, lol. At this point fine, I don't need a friend,  just get me pregnant, lol. The staff has been very good as well. I am nearing the end of my first month of testing and am happy so far. My insurance has covered most of the bloodwork and most of the HSG. Which I thought was great since I don't have maternity coverage. That leaves me covering the IUI or IVF whichever happens.  Hope you get a bfp soon Stormikris!

Old 12-30-2012, 11:35 AM

Oh I got it already I am 9w2d. The first time we saw dr. G we had done clomid hcg trigger and IUI 2 times to get pregnant then progesterone to stay that way. This Time i had been taking metformin for almost a year when I went to him. He started me on progesterone and I was pregnant that week.
Best wishes I hope you have great success. That your BFP is quick in coming.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:51 PM - Thread Starter

Congrats Stormikris! Wishing you a easy and healthy pregnancy and birth jumpers.gif

User Tag List