Trying to make friends in Tucson - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 11-06-2012, 03:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi! 

We just moved to Arizona from Germany. We lived there for seven years and had an amazing environment built around our little house with lots of activity and friend/family events/dinners. 

We'd really like to have the same here, and have a good start as some friends of ours (who also moved from Germany) are sharing our house with us. But we all love a social house and would love to invite others for dinners or movie night (or swimming when it's warm!). I'd really love to have some kids around for my son to play with! 

Here are some things about us:

I am an artist and seamstress and currently work in a vintage/thrift/costume shop as well as selling my own art at a local antique mall. My husband is military, he works with cargo planes and will probably be deployed in the near future. Our son is three. He loves to be outdoors digging in the dirt and playing with our dogs. We are a peaceful parenting household, listening to his needs as best we can and offering him the choice to make decisions for himself more often than not. We don't watch a lot of t.v. with him and really, really love art! 

Our friends are our family, basically. One is a baker and the other works at the food bank and does art as well. Everyone is vegetarian or vegan, except for my husband (who rarely eats meat anyway).

Some other stuff we love:

Futurama

discussing solutions to social issues

bicycling

Once Upon a Time

being outdoors at night

art

music (live music!)

animals/animal rights

the grownup boys play xbox games

the grownup girls watch project runway

cupcakes

homeschooling

volunteering

crafting

costume parties

doing things WITH kids (baking, painting, ect.)

gardening

traveling

natural living

Every Saturday we have home-made pizza night, and weekly we have mexican night and mac & cheese night. But we've almost always had an open door policy that if you want to come eat and we are cooking (or have enough left-overs), you are welcome! We love potlucks, too! 

I know this sounds like one giant personals add, but I have no idea where to start make friends, and we want more than just playdates now and then, we'd like to have family friends to come hang around! 

We are very open minded and love all sorts of people and different family dynamics! We really just love to share our time with others and feel it makes for a richer life experience. 

SO, if you are in the area (we are Central Tucson) you should message me, or reply to this, or however it works! Thanks, and sorry if this is weird, haha... 

Also, I'd also really like to start a crafty coffee group thing where we all just bring a small project we are working on and sit and have coffee (as a way to work on those things we never get a chance to work on!).

smile.gif

#2 of 2 Old 12-11-2012, 08:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi there,

I'm originally from New Zealand and moved here late 2001 to be with my husband. We have 2 daughters 8 and 2 with a little feller on the way any day now. We are normally vegetarians but recently we started eating meat because I had iron problems. My husband has already gone back to being vegiterian and i'm just about there too. 

Would love to private message not sure how yet, just joined!  Do you know how? I don't see where you can send a message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page