good pediatrician that takes tricare (west valley around luke) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 03-11-2013, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

so my baby is due on the 24th and i still have no clue about all the things i need to do once he's here lol
(i mean things concerning documents, insurance etc)

my hubby is in the military, so we have tricare, but i hear the pediatricians on base are not so awesome, so i was wondering if anyone has any info or advice about how to find an off base pediatrician

i was hoping to find someone who is more "natural" i guess (lol i have no idea what else to call what i'm talking about so i hope you understand..) 
someone who only perscribes medication when it's necessary and not the "just in case" kinda thing 
and someone who would be nice about not doing all the usual vacinations, but willing to discuss the "necessity" with me and then only do the ones i decide i find ok to be done..
it would be awesome if i could find someone who knows about more natural remedies and would tell me about those before prescribing actual mediaction, but since someone like that is probably hard to find i supposed i can just look that stuff up on google lol

also if anyone has info about the whole tricare process for off base pediatricians (do i have to pay extra?)
or in general info about all the things i need to do once i have a baby (like social security stuff and all that, but also stuff like...when is he supposed to have his first appointment..)

thank you!
hope someone can help...

#2 of 7 Old 03-15-2013, 12:53 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)

Welcome JessSue!

Anyone have a recommendation to share?

#3 of 7 Old 03-24-2013, 08:55 PM

I will email a student of mine that went through this in the last year. I think she decided to forgo the on base dr. and uses Cactus Childrens. I will post back here when I get a response.

Victoria, natural childbirth educator and certified labor doula
#4 of 7 Old 04-19-2013, 11:46 PM

I know this is late but I just went to a pediatrician who is very all natural, and when I told her how happy I was to find someone like her she responded that was happy too--because most parents just want pills and she has to explain all day why she isn't just giving them the antibiotics they want!

It's at Reems and Bell, just east of the 303. 

I looked at the website and they do take Tricare:

http://www.adelantehealthcare.com/patients/provider.php?id=7

#5 of 7 Old 08-23-2013, 03:46 PM

Creyente- what is the name of the pediatrician? The link is not working but I am looking for a good ped!
#6 of 7 Old 08-23-2013, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creyente View Post

I know this is late but I just went to a pediatrician who is very all natural, and when I told her how happy I was to find someone like her she responded that was happy too--because most parents just want pills and she has to explain all day why she isn't just giving them the antibiotics they want!
It's at Reems and Bell, just east of the 303. 
I looked at the website and they do take Tricare:
http://www.adelantehealthcare.com/patients/provider.php?id=7
#7 of 7 Old 08-23-2013, 09:36 PM

For those that think they have to use the peds on base at Luke, here is what I found out from someone that lived off base:

My husband went to the Tricare office on the third floor of the base hospital and inquired about using a doctor off base. They mapquested our address because you have to show as more than 30 minutes away from the base. We did, so they approved us and we got to go where we wanted. I think we had to give them paperwork for the new place and such.

It didn't cost any more either!

Victoria, natural childbirth educator and certified labor doula

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page