New to Gilbert/Tempe/Chandler area - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-12-2013, 08:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My family should be moving to one of these areas by end of summer. Can you all let me know what you think of these areas? I'm looking for a community that provides lots of walking ability, local shops, parks, community events. I'm  nervous about our move, really wanting to enjoy where I live. We have been in northern virginia for the past 10 years and I'm just not happy here. We have great friends and community but the environment is not for me. So I'm looking forward to a new adventure somewhere else. Any information is really appreciated.

:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2013, 08:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Sounds like Tempe would be where to look.  Chandler and Gilbert are great too, but Tempe has a great crunchy feel, lots of walking/biking, parks, events, etc.  ASU is in the heart of Tempe, so lots of different people all together and a fun nightlife.  There are amazing homebirth/crunchy mama groups out here too. 

I'm in Mesa, just east of Tempe so let me know when you get here.  :)

Leah coolshine.gif adoptionheart-1.gif homebirth.jpg

Hubby guitar.gif, ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, adopted dd (10) notes2.gif, dd (6) dust.gif, dd (1) femalesling.GIF & 3 foster dd's wheelchair.gif upsidedown.gif diaper.gif  

User Tag List