Mothering Forum banner

Organic Chicken Feed for sale in Tucson Arizona at Wholesale prices AZ

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  SundayCrepes 
#1 ·
Wholesale Organic Chicken Feed Group just sprung up in Tucson AZ Arizona area. The group is run by two mothers who are trying to save their families from GMOs. They only carry USDA certified organic feeds and anyone can join. There are no member fees and no minimums. There are 20 different types of feed; layer, broiler starter, grower, finisher, turkey, goat, dairy hog, cattle, and straight commodities too.

The prices are much lower than any organic products available through any retail feed store or even azure standard co-ops. I have been ordering their non-soy or soy free layer feed and my birds love it.

The group sends order forms via email. You can sign up on their website: www.tucsonorganicfeed.com

#4 ·
On a related note, does anyone know where to buy eggs from true free range chickens? I don't mean caged chickens with "outdoor access", but maybe a local farm where chickens are truly able to roam outdoors during the day and preferrably grass fed as well?

#5 ·
In AZ I think finding real grass-fed will be almost impossible. Possibly your best bet would be to find a family with extra eggs to sell. We don't usually have many spare eggs, but I know people who do (though they have folks that take them.) Maybe call a feed store to see if they know anyone. I'd start with OK feed.

#6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by SundayCrepes View Post

In AZ I think finding real grass-fed will be almost impossible. Possibly your best bet would be to find a family with extra eggs to sell. We don't usually have many spare eggs, but I know people who do (though they have folks that take them.) Maybe call a feed store to see if they know anyone. I'd start with OK feed.
Ok thanks. When I was a kid (in another state) my parent raised chickens. They ran around our property during the day and were placed into the hen house for their own protection at night. My parents collected and sold the eggs.

For most of my life, I assumed this is how most chickens are treated. It wasn't until recent years that I first learned about "battery chickens" and how they are truly kept in large factories.
greensad.gif
It seems very hard to get away from this and find chickens that actually live in a natural environment and are treated respectfully.

#7 ·
Sounds like chicken nirvana. We did have a small grassy area we constructed for our chickens at our last house. It didn't last long, the chickens were just too destructive for such a small mound of grass--Maybe 25 sf total. It just doesn't work to try and grow grass in this environment. Such a waste of water plus most grass that is grown around here is bermuda and it is a nasty thing to put in the ground.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.