Organic Chicken Feed for sale in Tucson Arizona at Wholesale prices AZ - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 04-22-2013, 10:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Wholesale Organic Chicken Feed Group just sprung up in Tucson AZ Arizona area.  The group is run by two mothers who are trying to save their families from GMOs.  They only carry USDA certified organic feeds and anyone can join.  There are no member fees and no minimums.  There are 20 different types of feed; layer, broiler starter, grower, finisher, turkey, goat, dairy hog, cattle, and straight commodities too.  

The prices are much lower than any organic products available through any retail feed store or even azure standard co-ops.  I have been ordering their non-soy or soy free layer feed and my birds love it.  

The group sends order forms via email.  You can sign up on their website:  www.tucsonorganicfeed.com

#2 of 7 Old 04-24-2013, 12:20 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Thank you. I have been looking for such a group.

Created an instant family (7/89 and 5/91) in 1997. Made a baby boy 12/05 adopted a baby girl 8/08. Ask me about tandem adoptive nursing. Now living as gluten, dairy, cane sugar, and tomato free vegetarians. Homeschooling and loving it.

#3 of 7 Old 05-17-2013, 01:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Good to know my neighors have a CSA and sell eggs, I will have to let them know, they may already know as they do feed their chickens organic.
#4 of 7 Old 05-19-2013, 04:46 PM

On a related note, does anyone know where to buy eggs from true free range chickens? I don't mean caged chickens with "outdoor access", but maybe a local farm where chickens are truly able to roam outdoors during the day and preferrably grass fed as well?
#5 of 7 Old 05-20-2013, 11:56 AM

In AZ I think finding real grass-fed will be almost impossible. Possibly your best bet would be to find a family with extra eggs to sell. We don't usually have many spare eggs, but I know people who do (though they have folks that take them.) Maybe call a feed store to see if they know anyone. I'd start with OK feed. 

Created an instant family (7/89 and 5/91) in 1997. Made a baby boy 12/05 adopted a baby girl 8/08. Ask me about tandem adoptive nursing. Now living as gluten, dairy, cane sugar, and tomato free vegetarians. Homeschooling and loving it.

#6 of 7 Old 05-23-2013, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SundayCrepes View Post

In AZ I think finding real grass-fed will be almost impossible. Possibly your best bet would be to find a family with extra eggs to sell. We don't usually have many spare eggs, but I know people who do (though they have folks that take them.) Maybe call a feed store to see if they know anyone. I'd start with OK feed. 

Ok thanks. When I was a kid (in another state) my parent raised chickens. They ran around our property during the day and were placed into the hen house for their own protection at night. My parents collected and sold the eggs.

For most of my life, I assumed this is how most chickens are treated. It wasn't until recent years that I first learned about "battery chickens" and how they are truly kept in large factories. greensad.gif It seems very hard to get away from this and find chickens that actually live in a natural environment and are treated respectfully.
#7 of 7 Old 05-24-2013, 02:11 PM

Sounds like chicken nirvana. We did have a small grassy area we constructed for our chickens at our last house. It didn't last long, the chickens were just too destructive for such a small mound of grass--Maybe 25 sf total. It just doesn't work to try and grow grass in this environment. Such a waste of water plus most grass that is grown around here is bermuda and it is a nasty thing to put in the ground.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page