Crunchy in Phoenix - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-20-2013, 09:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am just wondering if there are other like minded moms in the Phoenix area? I have family there, but they are very conservative, go with the flow type of people. 

I am hoping to get into a grad school there and am a little nervous I won't fit in.

#2 of 3 Old 09-26-2013, 05:25 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

HI- which grad school are you looking at?  Phoenix is crunchy, lots of groups on meetup.com now too.  My kiddo is older.  We have things like Whole Foods, sprouts, farmers markets, Trader Joes, and such.  The botanical gardens, zoo and science center all have kids type classes.  The libraries have kids programs and those are great places to meet other mommies.

You may need to hunt a bit based on where you are living but crunchy is out there!

KrazyMomOfBoys likes this.

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

#3 of 3 Old 09-27-2013, 02:36 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am in Phoenix area, too. My kids are not babies anymore so there are probably even more groups around than when my kids were small. I was able to find some good friends and groups here. I really am pleased with the Phoenix area-- born and raised here, went away for college, came back and raised our family here. The cost of living is low compared to other places. Very family friendly in parts of metro Phoenix and lots of community resources. Lots of diversity in the schools and neighborhoods for the most part. If you go to ASU and live in Tempe the have a decent public transportation system. Not so much if you move to the suburb cities. You will really need a vehicle. Good luck with your decision.

7yo: "Mom,I know which man is on a quarter and which on is on a nickel. They both have ponytails, but one man has a collar and the other man is naked. The naked man was our first president."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page