Good neighboorhoods in Phoenix.. Where should I be looking? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 04-03-2014, 09:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi!

My family currently lives in Tucson, but we are more than likely going to be moving to Phoenix late this summer or early fall. I'm hoping I can get some suggestions about where some good neighborhoods are, or at least which general areas are nice to live in for families. Assuming all goes as planned, my husband would be working in the downtown area, I would be going to school at ASU, and my two older kids would be at Desert Marigold school... so kind of all over the place!

I don't even know where to begin with a house search. We definitely don't want to buy a track home, and would prefer to have a little bit of land, or at least some space between neighbors. Any suggestions?

Swell Doula Service

Birth - Postpartum - Placenta Encapsulation 

nocirc.gif  winner.jpg  slinggirl.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 04-12-2014, 09:53 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

You might want to contact the office staff at Desert Marigold to see what their recs are, if no one else chimes in here. I'm up in Prescott and I try to stay out of Phoenix as much as possible so I'm not much help :wink

Former Nanny Extraordinaire, looking forward to being a Mama! treehugger.gif I love Organizing & being a Health & Wellness Coach eat.gif & I'm crunchy granola as long as it's organic and certified gluten free. GF since March '08 yummy.gif. Willoughby Nov '11  cat.gif TTC #1-still, again, some more, & seriously pondering adoption. 
#3 of 5 Old 04-29-2014, 05:22 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks! I might try that. We just found out yesterday that our move is definitely happening... and a little sooner than we thought! We'll be in the area by July 1st. I've been looking at the South Mountain area- any thoughts?

Swell Doula Service

Birth - Postpartum - Placenta Encapsulation 

nocirc.gif  winner.jpg  slinggirl.gif

#4 of 5 Old 05-21-2014, 10:40 AM

This depends on your budget there are nice pockets like Arcadia and the historic district... It is kind of like Tucson with nice neighbor hoods and the pockets that are just ok or not so good. I would spend the weekend exploring your guys tastes. Good luck with your search. 

#5 of 5 Old 06-10-2014, 02:26 PM

Glendale has some nice areas, not far from ASU. Also Arrowhead Ranch. Camelback area is also worth a look maybe, between the 17 fwy and 51 fwy, north of the 10fwy. maybe check on trulia.com, sometimes that may give you a sense of the area you don't know about, like crime rates, etc. hope that helps!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page