Vaccine-Friendly Doctor in Arizona (East Valley)? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 06-12-2008, 10:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are looking for a pediatrician closer to our home because of the high gas prices. Does anyone know of a great pediatrician in the East Valley (Gilbert, Chandler, Tempe or Mesa) Arizona? Thank you soo much in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 14 Old 06-13-2008, 04:34 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Moving to FYT

"Have faith in yourself and in the direction you have chosen." Ralph Marston

#3 of 14 Old 06-13-2008, 04:40 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have HEARD that Dr. Guthrie from Gilbert Pediatrics is vaccine friendly. I have not personally seen him, but my chiropractor's son, who is almost 15 years old is completely UN-vax'd and intact and that is his doctor. I've also heard good things about Dr. Carol at the same office but I don't know about his views on vaccines. They may be worth looking into.

: Robyn : Increasingly crunchy Mama to Kya (8) , Makena (7) , and Keegan (4) :
#4 of 14 Old 06-13-2008, 11:37 AM

The docs at TLC pediatrics in Ahwatukee are great! They're on 40th st right off of Pecos, so very close to Chandler. I love love love them so far. The doc really spent time with us, observed my son (well baby visit), and was just cool and nice. They have 2 sep entrances and waiting rooms for sick and well, I like that a lot. I was seen on time (gasp) and the staff was professional and quick.

My former ped was Dr. Martin with Southwestern Pedicatrics in Gilbert (Val Vista & Pecos). He was OK with the non-vax, would ask "are we vaxing today" and not push it when I said no. He did say he'd get pushy if there was an outbreak of something though. I did not like his practice - they kept me waiting at least an hour for each appt, even when I was the only one there (he likes to see non-vax kids 1st thing). The staff was pro-formula and the doc was pretty weight-chart focused with very little knowledge of BFing issues.
That said... I know plenty of people who adore him. They all have chubbier kids than mine though.

Mom to two intact boys, born at home. DS1 11/07, DS2 9/10
#5 of 14 Old 06-18-2008, 10:21 PM

i go to dr. sudha at gateway pediatrics off frye and dobson. right next to chandler regional. she is very against circumcision and doesnt push vax's she just asks you why not and makes you sign a form and gives you all these flyers. she is a very nice lady and dr. valenzuela in her practice is really nice too. they are also certified lactation consultants and they also bring in a lady from anthem twice a week. she is awesome and has helped me alot with my sons nipple confusion and we are on the right track! hope this help!
#6 of 14 Old 06-18-2008, 10:22 PM

haha i am done, i already told you that! sorry!
#7 of 14 Old 06-19-2008, 01:49 PM

We also go to Dr. Sudha. While we haven't haven't discuused not vaxing, I have delayed quite a few. I really like her b/c she is so bf'ing friendly.
#8 of 14 Old 06-19-2008, 07:02 PM

Tlc Is A Great Doctors Office!

xoxoxox

#9 of 14 Old 08-24-2008, 05:22 AM

Hi,
Quick question: which Doc @ TLC? We have Dr. Matsumoto and she said I need to put our dd on formula. She's below the "charts" - also said sleeping on the breast causes tooth decay. I'm looking for a new practice, but I was curious because our experiences are so different. It's a shame because they're so close to me, and I think she's a good Doc otherwise... thanks!
#10 of 14 Old 08-26-2008, 02:31 AM

I go to Dr. Salek at Pueblo Pediatrics. He is supportive of my delayed/selective vaxing and my extended bfing.
#11 of 14 Old 08-27-2008, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmurraystudios View Post
Hi,
Quick question: which Doc @ TLC? We have Dr. Matsumoto and she said I need to put our dd on formula. She's below the "charts" - also said sleeping on the breast causes tooth decay. I'm looking for a new practice, but I was curious because our experiences are so different. It's a shame because they're so close to me, and I think she's a good Doc otherwise... thanks!

REALLY????

Monica Nania. Her profile indicates that BFing is an area she actually studied, and she gave me no probs at all about my long and very lean baby. Odd.

Sleeping on the breast can cause tooth decay, though - pools of milk on the teeth can cause "nursing caries". But same would go for a mouthfull of formula. I think it's just more likely that a baby can be asleep and latched on a breast, because sleeping w/abottle is a huge no-no.

Still - Monica didn't seem to care much at all about the charts. When I told her about my prev exp with a doc, she let me know she's more interested in the behavior and milestones, because the range of what is OK is huge.

Perhaps try a visit with Monica? Matsumoto's (and the rest of the docs other than Nania) focus is kids w/special medical needs, not healthy infants.

Mom to two intact boys, born at home. DS1 11/07, DS2 9/10
#12 of 14 Old 09-03-2008, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lit Chick View Post
The docs at TLC pediatrics in Ahwatukee are great! They're on 40th st right off of Pecos, so very close to Chandler. I love love love them so far. The doc really spent time with us, observed my son (well baby visit), and was just cool and nice. They have 2 sep entrances and waiting rooms for sick and well, I like that a lot. I was seen on time (gasp) and the staff was professional and quick.

My former ped was Dr. Martin with Southwestern Pedicatrics in Gilbert (Val Vista & Pecos). He was OK with the non-vax, would ask "are we vaxing today" and not push it when I said no. He did say he'd get pushy if there was an outbreak of something though. I did not like his practice - they kept me waiting at least an hour for each appt, even when I was the only one there (he likes to see non-vax kids 1st thing). The staff was pro-formula and the doc was pretty weight-chart focused with very little knowledge of BFing issues.
That said... I know plenty of people who adore him. They all have chubbier kids than mine though.
We use Dr. Martin. Honestly, if I were not moving out of state in a year I would switch MDs. We are always there forever, and he comes across as being non-vax friendly, but every visit he seems to be more and more against it. He is definately against extended breast feeding. Told me to stop nursing my LO at 18 months. He told me to quit cold turkey and bind myself. I was shocked.
JMO
#13 of 14 Old 09-03-2008, 11:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Dr. Piacentine at Mesa Pediatrics (Guadalupe and McClintock) has never even mentioned vaxing to us. We saw another Dr. there when the kids were young and signed several vax refusal letters so I'm guessing they are in the chart so he doesn't even ask. But, we don't go for well check ups - just when the kids are really sick so, that may be why he doesn't even ask.
#14 of 14 Old 09-10-2008, 12:13 AM

We go to Dr. Sudha too! I just love her and how BF-ing friendly she is. We're delaying vaxes and she hasn't said a word, just asked us to bring in a schedule of what we wanted when.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page