Phx moms--looking for AP friendly church - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-21-2008, 10:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The title says it all. We like our church but it is not understanding of attachment parenting at all. I spoke with our preschool minister today about some concerns and she, as usual, dropped hints that I was spoiling my kids, being manipulated, over-reacting, etc. All because I asked to be called when my baby is crying and needs to nurse. I haven't left dd in the nursery yet because I know the general atmosphere in there supports CIO. Yes, even for a 5 mo nursling who is very attached to mom.

We are not for sure looking for a church since I always have the option of keeping the baby with me, but am curious as to where else might be more supportive. We live in West-Central Phx.

Thanks!
#2 of 4 Old 07-24-2008, 08:41 PM

I'm so sorry that you're having to deal with this! That's just crazy. We just moved out to the far east valley,and lots of the churches out here have a number system to alert parents if they're needed.
In this day and age, practically everyone has a website, so we did a whole bunch of research on the churches out there, and they all stated somewhere (I think) that they used this form of alerting parents. So you might want to just look around online first.
Good Luck!
#3 of 4 Old 07-26-2008, 12:21 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks! Our church does not use a number system although you can borrow a pager and they allegedly will page you if you are needed. I have 3 girls and I put the older two in the nursery when they were little. I would go to pick them up after church and it was not unusual for me to find them screaming and hungry. So I just quit putting them in the nursery and decided that my youngest just isn't going in, period.

I have been discussing my concerns with the preschool director and have gotten dismissed with insinuations that I am being too involved, my baby is manipulating me, babies cry for no reason, etc. Apparently I am the only mom who requests to me called when my breastfed baby is crying. Um, ok.

So I am looking around for somewhere that will take me seriously and CALL ME when my kid is hungry rather than having the babies wait until church is out. It is too bad, because in many other respects we have a great church.
#4 of 4 Old 08-25-2008, 04:06 PM

Reunion. Its located just off I-17 and Greenway. They are very small but AP friendly because my mom runs the nursery.

Wife to Marc and Mama to two girls, Luisa "Lulu" (7-18-06) and Delilah (10-21-08), expecting our third baby (EDD 05-26-13)!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page