Utah--East Farms CSA - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-23-2008, 02:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone belong to the East Farms CSA in Utah? I'm thinking I want to join and was wondering what others thought about it. Please tell me what you think of their stuff and if they are dependable and anything else you think I should know. Thanks.

Wifey to B-Rax  Momma to Cartman 10-30-2006.  Gryff 5-7-2008.  angel.gif 8-15-2010.  My rainbow1284.gif baby Babs 11-13-11.  Due with #4 in May/June.  Gluten-Free. Raw milk drinkers. Urban homesteaders.
 teapot2.GIF  delayedvax.gif  selectivevax.gif  nocirc.gif  cd.gif  knit.gif  chicken3.gif  waterbirth.jpg 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2008, 05:18 PM

I get one share a month through the Community Food Co-Op.. last month was just lettuce, and I don't know what this one's is until Sat. So, if you get it, let me know how you like it!

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

Old 07-23-2008, 08:02 PM - Thread Starter

Do you have any information about the Community Food Co-op or any others. I haven't joined any yet. I'm still in the research phase. Any info would be great on any of the co-op/csas. Thanks.

Wifey to B-Rax  Momma to Cartman 10-30-2006.  Gryff 5-7-2008.  angel.gif 8-15-2010.  My rainbow1284.gif baby Babs 11-13-11.  Due with #4 in May/June.  Gluten-Free. Raw milk drinkers. Urban homesteaders.
 teapot2.GIF  delayedvax.gif  selectivevax.gif  nocirc.gif  cd.gif  knit.gif  chicken3.gif  waterbirth.jpg 

Old 07-23-2008, 09:49 PM

Here is the link for the Co-op. I've been getting it for over a year now

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

Old 07-28-2008, 01:37 PM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the food co-op... and East Farms is

Different drummer dancing with 3 kids in 3 decades.
Old 07-28-2008, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the co-op link. I think I am going to try it out. I am so excited! Do you know if East Farms is still taking people. I emailed and called but no response. I thought about finding them at the Farmers Market on Saturday and contacting them that way. We'll see. I really want to join a csa but I might have to wait until next year.

Old 07-28-2008, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexysisam View Post
Thanks for the co-op link. I think I am going to try it out. I am so excited! Do you know if East Farms is still taking people. I emailed and called but no response. I thought about finding them at the Farmers Market on Saturday and contacting them that way. We'll see. I really want to join a csa but I might have to wait until next year.
I just make sure to order a Farmer's Market Share when I place a Food Co-op order... it comes from East Farms. :

Different drummer dancing with 3 kids in 3 decades.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:42 AM - Thread Starter

Yay! I just ordered the farmers market share from the co-op. I'm so excited! The place where we pick it up is right in our neighborhood so we can just walk there. I'm assuming the farmer's market share is only available until October or around there so after that we will probably try out the harvest share from that same co-op. Thanks for all the links and information! I really appreciate it.

Old 08-11-2008, 01:37 AM

We had a half share of East Farms CSA last year and it was great, but we live in Provo and the nearest pickup point was in Draper, which was a real pain. We got lots of good stuff every week, but with gas prices as they are, and the fact that we had to do that yucky drive every Thursday, we didn't do it this year.

It's true that they don't always answer emails and phone calls very quickly, or sometimes at all. They're pretty busy, though. I freaked out the first week because I didn't have the address of the pickup spot and it was our pickup day, and I called several times and left messages before hearing from them. But ultimately, they did call back.

Catherine, mama to Preschooler Girl 9/08, and Toddler Boy 3/11

Old 08-24-2008, 02:09 AM - Thread Starter

Well today was our pickup for the Co-op. We did the Farmer's Market Share. It wasn't as big as I thought or hoped, but we are still going to do it next time, maybe just buy more. I talk about it in my blog (link in my signature).

User Tag List