looking for ob/gyn in central Phoenix/West Valley - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 08-16-2008, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I can't see my old gyn anymore because she's not on my new insurance (and frankly, after her being less than supportive of my vision of completely unmedicated birth w/ my son, it's not really a loss to me). i'm fine having my family doc do my annual exam, but i really do need to find an ob/gyn so that i can see someone if i have probs with my iud or if we decide to have another child. i'm in the southwest valley, and i work downtown. any suggestions? thanks!
#2 of 11 Old 08-16-2008, 02:52 PM

I really hope you get an answer to this because I came here looking for the same thing!
#3 of 11 Old 08-18-2008, 05:22 PM

I live in the West Valley and go to Dr. Johnson @ West Valley Women's Care off of the 101 and Thomas Rd. I have found that they are usually willing to work with me and my requests. I haven't delivered yet though, so I guess we'll see. You could always try them. I've been happy with them so far.
#4 of 11 Old 08-18-2008, 05:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by camip1225 View Post
I live in the West Valley and go to Dr. Johnson @ West Valley Women's Care off of the 101 and Thomas Rd. I have found that they are usually willing to work with me and my requests. I haven't delivered yet though, so I guess we'll see. You could always try them. I've been happy with them so far.
Funny you should say that. Dr. Mystie Johnson was the former ob I mentioned! She was willing to work with me, but just not all that supportive when it got closer, I guess. Her husband, Dr. James, was actually there when I delivered my son, and it was fine. I really have no serious complaints about them other than I think I would want a different doctor for the future (and my change in insurance pretty much confirmed that). But thank you for answering, and good luck with your delivery!
#5 of 11 Old 08-24-2008, 04:45 PM

if you want to stay downtown, try MOGA: Maricopa OB/GYN Associates. I work at Good Sam, and all the nurses and OB residents go to them, and they all love them. I liked them when I was doing my ob interviews but didn't go with them b/c they do not deliver at Scottsdale Shea and that is where I want to deliver

Wife to my great hubby 4/6/08, WOHM to Alex 1/10/09, my 2 gorgeous newfoundlands, and the cutest pug in the world! Expecting DS2 at the end of March, hoping for HBAC!

#6 of 11 Old 08-25-2008, 02:11 AM

Well, I dont know if its West Valley exactly, but Dr. Rebecca Branaman with Glendale OBGYN is absolutely wonderful. She is on 59th Ave and Tbird.

Anna
#7 of 11 Old 08-25-2008, 03:48 PM

I go to Central Phoenix OBGYN on 3rd Street just north of McDowell. They deliver at Good Sam on 11st and McDowell. They are very natural birth friendly and not as "medical" as other doctors. Also there is another great group of midwives and OBs at St. Joseph's Hospital which is on 3rd Ave and Thomas that a good friend uses.

Wife to Marc and Mama to two girls, Luisa "Lulu" (7-18-06) and Delilah (10-21-08), expecting our third baby (EDD 05-26-13)!

#8 of 11 Old 08-25-2008, 06:04 PM

I also heard that some of the CNMs from Bethany Birth Center went to St. Joes. I can't remember exactly which ones--I think Connie Garcia is one. I am sure someone on this board knows. Anyway I just saw an ad last weekend that said St. Joes now has midwifery services. From my experience at Bethany I'd say that you would get good care from them although I don't know how medicalized they are now that they are based at a hospital.
#9 of 11 Old 08-28-2008, 03:38 AM

I do not recommend Maricopa OB/GYN . I worked at St Joes in L&D as a nurse and found those doctors to be very interventional (and very pushy with those interventions) I know many nurses love that practice but most of those nurses embrace with any intervention, KWIM?

I go to Central Phoenix Women's Healthcare. Dr Spieker and Dr Hahn have been wonderful and very supportive of my choices. I have had some complications this pg and have found both drs to mindful of what is important to me. They are located at 3rd and Osborn.

Dr Sharon Thompson and Leslie Johnstone at Central Phoenix OB/GYN are great too.

Connie Garcia CNM and Donna Tash CNM have started a group out of St Joes. If you call St Joes the operator will connect you to their office.

Hope this helps!
#10 of 11 Old 08-28-2008, 11:57 PM

I second Central Phoenix OBGYN. They're awesome!
#11 of 11 Old 10-11-2008, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplegal View Post
Well, I dont know if its West Valley exactly, but Dr. Rebecca Branaman with Glendale OBGYN is absolutely wonderful. She is on 59th Ave and Tbird.
SERIOUSLY????!!! She was my OB for years and after I had my daughter I RAN the other way. If you are wanting a natural type birth she is not the way to go! She told me at 39 weeks my baby was going to be too big for me to have vaginally if we didn't induce right away. Being ignorant, I let her. When I mentioned I did not want a C-section she said "I loved my 2 c-sections"

Besides the fact that you have to wait 45 min EVERY time you go for an office visit and constantly get bumped and have to reschedule. I am shocked anyone on this type forum would recommend her. (Nothing personal against you, You obviously had a different experience with her) As a woman I was surprised by her views. Not at all impressed with her!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page