SLC area- Can I photograph your birth? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-27-2008, 02:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a documentary project for my photography class, and I want to do it on a birth. Would anyone be willing to let me photograph thier birth? I would LOVE to do a homebirth especially, but not necessary.

I will give you a CD of all the images for free, and I can even take some newborn pics for you if you want to do announcements (free of course) for allowing me to document your beautiful journey.

I no longer have any pregnant friends to ask (they've all had thier babies), so I hope some of you lurking on here are pregnant!

Thanks mamas!!!

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2008, 06:01 PM

How soon do you need someone? I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have a photographer at my birth, and have been comtemplating it, but I'm not due until November.

Another sticky issue- we're moving to Heber this week, so it may be further than you want to travel. But we will be having a homebirth... Let me know what you think.

Violin teaching, doula-ing Mom to Abby, (8) Ashlynn, (6) : and Max (11/13/08) Diagnosed with Metopic Craniosynostosis. First surgery 5/1/09, Second surgery March 2010.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacymom View Post
How soon do you need someone? I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have a photographer at my birth, and have been comtemplating it, but I'm not due until November.

Another sticky issue- we're moving to Heber this week, so it may be further than you want to travel. But we will be having a homebirth... Let me know what you think.
I'll check with my photography teacher tonight and find out when it is due. I wouldn't mind driving to Heber, weather permitting.

Old 08-28-2008, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter

My photography teacher said that Nov is "cutting it close" and recommends doing my project in Oct (or Sept).

Unless, I think it would still work if it were the first week of Nov.

Old 08-28-2008, 06:25 PM

Darn! Yeah, I'm not due till the 18th of Nov, and have no history of babies coming early. Sorry! Hope you can find someone.

Violin teaching, doula-ing Mom to Abby, (8) Ashlynn, (6) : and Max (11/13/08) Diagnosed with Metopic Craniosynostosis. First surgery 5/1/09, Second surgery March 2010.

User Tag List