Free workshops on cloth diapering 101, breastfeeding, baby food, and more! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-09-2008, 02:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The City of Chandler's Environmental Education Center is offering 4 FREE workshops on natural parenting! These are free but pre-registration is required. Sign up for one or all. These are all taught by qualified instructors.

Natural Feeding- includes basics of breastfeeding, making your own baby food, and more. Class code# 3949.178
Saturday, October 18th, 9:15-10:45 a.m.

Healthy home, healthy baby- Learn about easy ways to
make your home a healthy one. Class code# 3950.178
Saturday, October 25th, 9:15-10:45 a.m.

Cloth diapering 101- A hands on class about the basics of cloth diapering. Experience the different types and brands of cloth diapering and see how easy it really is! Class code# 3951.178
Saturday, November 1st, 9:15-10:45 a.m.

Enjoying nature with your baby- Learn ways to enjoy and share nature with your baby—no matter how young. Class code# 3952.178
Saturday, November 8th, 9:15-10:45 a.m.

Classes are located at the new Environmental Education Center in Chandler. To register, go to: www.chandleraz.gov/registration and use the class codes provided.

Environmental Education Center
4050 East Chandler Heights Road
Chandler, AZ 85249
(480) 782-2890
Located on the northeast corner of Lindsay Rd and Chandler Heights Rd.

Thanks!
Daniella
Member here at MDC as well as an employee at the Environmental Education Center.
#2 of 4 Old 09-16-2008, 12:20 PM

These look like cool workshops.... I'm planning on going to at least one of them, and I handed out flyers at my most recent Bradley class. Several of the couples in class said they are thinking about going. I can't wait to check out the environmental education center, too.

Jenny: 40 Something AP mom to 2 adult kids, 2 teen step kids, and one amazing 7YO. Doula and Brio Birth educator, too!
#3 of 4 Old 09-17-2008, 12:36 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Jenny,
Thanks for helping get the word out! I hope enrollment does pick up soon. They are such great classes and free too! Our enrollment has been low so far- we realized we weren't advertising in the right places. Not many new, expectant parents read Break Time or Raising Arizona Kids- know what I mean?
I hope you register and that other couples do too. If we do have to cancel or postpone the classes until the winter, we will do so within a week of the class start date.

Thanks again!
Daniella
#4 of 4 Old 09-18-2008, 02:07 PM

I'll be sure to forward the flyer to other Bradley teachers in the valley, as well as to some midwives and lactation consultants I know. It sounds like they are going to be great classes, and I'd hate for them to be cancelled for low enrollment. You might also try posting flyers at maternity stores and maybe Babies R Us.

Jenny: 40 Something AP mom to 2 adult kids, 2 teen step kids, and one amazing 7YO. Doula and Brio Birth educator, too!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page