Looking for BF friendly OB/Ped in Phoenix - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-17-2008, 08:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My sister is pregnant and nursing her 3 year old son. She is getting a lot of crap from her current OB's office about the nursing, so she'd like to find one more supportive. She's in West Valley, but seeing as she travels to Scottsdale for her current OB, she'd be willing to travel for a good one.

She's also getting a lot of crap from her Ped about extended BF and is looking for a more supportive one.

Mother of 3, welcomed a new baby girl July 2011

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 09-18-2008, 08:39 PM

We see Dr. Rajeev Agarwal at Tatum and the 101. I live in the west valley as well, and the drive is worth it. Dr. A and his nurse practitioner, Diane, are both very pro breastfeeding and are relaxed about immunizations as long as the parents take the time to educate themselves about their pros and cons.

Their number is 480-585-5200.
#3 of 5 Old 09-25-2008, 08:24 PM

My OB is very supportive of BF while pregnant. I was BF my DD for the first 4months of this pregnancy. She congratulated me on doing that. Her name is Sharon Thompson with Central Phoenix OBGYN on 3rd St. North of McDowell. She delivers at Good Sam. I too live in the West Valley, but the drive is worth it.

Wife to Marc and Mama to two girls, Luisa "Lulu" (7-18-06) and Delilah (10-21-08), expecting our third baby (EDD 05-26-13)!

#4 of 5 Old 09-26-2008, 03:10 AM

Quote:
\Quote from honeybeemac
My OB is very supportive of BF while pregnant. I was BF my DD for the first 4months of this pregnancy. She congratulated me on doing that. Her name is Sharon Thompson with Central Phoenix OBGYN on 3rd St. North of McDowell. She delivers at Good Sam. I too live in the West Valley, but the drive is worth it.
I second Dr Thompson. She is great!
#5 of 5 Old 10-12-2008, 01:45 AM

For a pedi, I recommend Dr. Michael Arbel at West Valley pediatrics. He has been very supportive of my bfing and was glad to hear that DS was nursing at our 18 month check up. No good OB recs, unfortunately. Good luck to your sister.

User Tag List