Pediatricians in Tucson - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 09-27-2008, 03:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi,

I'm 35w5d & have not yet pinned down a pediatrician for this 1st baby of ours, which is making me really nervous.

We plan to do an alternate / delayed vax schedule; we're vegetarian; we're using cloth diapers... so I want someone who will be supportive of these decisions.

Does anyone have any specific docs they recommend? I am considering Catalina Pediatrics; does anyone have experience with them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 09-27-2008, 12:43 PM

I see Dr. Auerbach there. Ds started seeing him when he was 2 so I can't help you on the other stuff. He tolerates seeing ds...I can tell he dosn't like it that ds isn't vaxed anymore, but he's never said anything bad about it or asked me to sign a waiver. When I called, I asked to be put with a doctor who would accept non-vaxing patients and he is who I was placed with. Not every doc there is non or selective-vax delayed friendly I've heard. With this new lo I plan to call and ask if Dr. A's position is still the same and if my child can see him sometime after it's born. I imagine you might have an easier time since you're selective/delayed.

fambedsingle2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifHappy to be a mommy and teacher to D fencing.gif, born 1-17-06 via waterbirth.jpg  and A  blahblah.gif, born 10-6-08 with a homebirth.jpghomeschool.gif

#3 of 6 Old 09-27-2008, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter

thanks a lot!

also wondering whether you've heard anything about other docs in town whether good / bad, or whether you know which of auerbach's partners are less lenient on vax schedules?

i will try to get an interview set up. we really need to get someone lined up ASAP.
#4 of 6 Old 09-27-2008, 04:28 PM

I found this thread I bookmarked when I was looking for a ped. It should take you to another thread as well, but whomever you set up interviews with, just verify that they still are respectful of selective/delayed....views can change quickly I've found.

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=559887

Bad for no-vax and any deviant from the schedule...Dr. Goodsite. You must vax and vax by CDC's schedule. He was my son's first ped and actually my own ped growing up....boy has he changed.

fambedsingle2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifHappy to be a mommy and teacher to D fencing.gif, born 1-17-06 via waterbirth.jpg  and A  blahblah.gif, born 10-6-08 with a homebirth.jpghomeschool.gif

#5 of 6 Old 09-28-2008, 07:13 PM - Thread Starter

thanks very much. that's really helpful.
#6 of 6 Old 10-02-2008, 04:06 PM

Hi, we were new here last year. We started at Santa Clara peds. Please stay away from them!!! Very bad. But Cataline Peds is amazing. We see Sosan Moussa, wonderful, wonderful woman. Very understanding with delaying vaxes, actually recommends one shot at a time. We have also seen 2 other drs there, Foster and Llyod. Both were also good. It's worth the 45 minute one way drive for me. We were just there this morning!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page