Prescott Area Midwives - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-27-2008, 10:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am moving to Prescott, from Texas, at the beginning of November. I am pregnant and will be 20 weeks along when we move. I would like to be able to find a midwife fairly quickly when we arrive. I am interested in having a home water birth. My 3 year old was born at home and it was wonderful, but I did have a significant hemorrhage. I am hoping to find a great midwife, and prefer one with experience due to my history of hemorrhage and some other medical issues. While searching on-line, I noticed a midwife named Paula Matthew who has lots of experience but both e-mail addresses that I tried for her were not valid. Can anyone give me any opinions on the local midwives and possibly correct contact info if there is one that you recommend? I appreciate any help!

(We will also be searching for friends when we arrive! I have a sweet 3 year old girl and our baby is due in March. I hope to meet any of you in the Prescott area.)
#2 of 4 Old 10-01-2008, 02:29 PM

Hi! Paula is a wonderful midwife. I have her office # ~ 928-776-8033. From what I know, she is the best midwife in the area. We'll have to meet up when you are settled in here. Welcome in advance!
#3 of 4 Old 10-02-2008, 08:58 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you mamascarlett! I am starting to hear lots of good things about Paula Matthew - I will try to call her today. I will PM you after we get a little settled - it would be great to meet you!
#4 of 4 Old 10-02-2008, 08:22 PM

I had both my girls at home in the water with Paula attending. She's wonderful--very competent and experienced, and a very calming presence.

Heather, Mama to DS(10) DD(7.5),DD(6)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page