Daycare suggestions in East Valley? Please help! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 09-28-2008, 02:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all,

I have to go back to work on November 16, when my son is 11 weeks old.

My husband and I managed to get our schedules in tune so that we only overlap one day. That day is Saturday, though. It would end up that I'd have to drop off my kiddo between 6 and 6:30am every Saturday, and my husband could pick him up between 6 and 6:30pm (we both work 12s).

I am at a TOTAL loss on how/where to start trying to find someone to take care of my son one day a week. I also don't know if daycares are commonly available on Saturdays, or during those hours, etc. We are open to a daycare that is an established business, or one in someone's home. We know that it has to be a loving place that is okay with pumped breastmilk and cloth diapers.

Does anyone have any suggestions on any daycares? I live in Chandler, hubby works in Tempe, and I work in downtown Phoenix, so really anywhere around the EV is probably fine. I would really, really appreciate it! Alternatively, if you don't, do you have any suggestions for how in the world I start my search, what kind of questions to ask, etc? I'm really intimidated.

Please feel free to email me at kylowd at gmail dot com! Thank you so much!
#2 of 9 Old 09-30-2008, 05:08 AM

Well not to burst your bubble but traditional daycares are not open on weekends and most have pretty stringent rules about how long infants can be in their care (9 hrs max i believe). If you need 12 hrs, want cloth diapers and will be providing the bottles you will most likely need to locate an inhome provider. I would recommend searching craigslist for the east valley.

I do childcare from my home (i live in the north valley sorry) but i can tell you that 12 hrs on a weekend for a newborn is going to be very $$. My rate would be about $65/day. Again thats simply because it is weekend care and 'extended' hours. I am cpr and 1st aid certified with fingerprint clearnce but i am not state certified.

Sorry i cant be of more help, keep us posted on what you find.
#3 of 9 Old 10-01-2008, 03:19 AM

I would start by contacting DES....this is where daycare providers get their licenses through the state I believe. They will have a list of home daycare providers in your area and should be able to give you a list of phone numbers.
Then you can call and see if any of them are available on weekends.

I have a friend who does daycare out of her home and lives in Chandler....I'll ask if she would be willing to do Saturday, but I doubt it as she has kids M-F.

I live in Queen Creek, but it sounds like it might be fun to have a little baby around 1 day a week.
You are bound to find someone.

: Robyn : Increasingly crunchy Mama to Kya (8) , Makena (7) , and Keegan (4) :
#4 of 9 Old 10-14-2008, 11:37 PM - Thread Starter

I am still looking for suggestions. Anyone? Please help!
#5 of 9 Old 10-15-2008, 12:47 AM
Banned

I found my daycare provider through AZ childcare resource and referral - www.arizonachildcare.org. They list licensed in-home care providers and centers and you can search by school (pick schools that are close to you or your commute) or zip code. You can also search by days that care is available - I have found some providers who are available on weekends.
#6 of 9 Old 10-15-2008, 01:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stik View Post
I found my daycare provider through AZ childcare resource and referral - www.arizonachildcare.org. They list licensed in-home care providers and centers and you can search by school (pick schools that are close to you or your commute) or zip code. You can also search by days that care is available - I have found some providers who are available on weekends.
Awesome, thank you!
#7 of 9 Old 10-16-2008, 12:31 AM

Might be too far North for you, but Lincoln Learning Center (at JCL Hospital) is open on Saturdays. There is about a 6 month wait to get in there. I believe there is a place near Good Sam that the drs/nurses/etc use, I am not certain of the name of it though.
#8 of 9 Old 10-16-2008, 09:46 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileygirl View Post
Might be too far North for you, but Lincoln Learning Center (at JCL Hospital) is open on Saturdays. There is about a 6 month wait to get in there. I believe there is a place near Good Sam that the drs/nurses/etc use, I am not certain of the name of it though.
Thank you for the info! I wish I knew what the place by Good Sam was called, because that's right around where I work! That would be perfect.
#9 of 9 Old 10-17-2008, 12:09 AM

Sorry, I have no clue what it was called or even exactly where it is. We pretty researched a ton of daycares (ie 200 online and 30 in person) when it came time to put ds in one. I remember seeing information on it, but I have no idea where (wasn't in the area we were looking). You might consider calling Lincoln Learning Center and seeing if they can provide you with any other Saturday providers.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page