New Moma Looking for others! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 10-25-2008, 03:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi! i have a 17 week old baby girl, named rio rose. we live in chandler, az (near gilbert). i'm 25 years old and don't know any one in my area who's into natural parenting. we cloth diaper, breastfeed and co-sleep.
my hubby's a cook. i'm a sahm, also a vegitarian and animal lover. we own a dog how is a bit of a nut, he was a rescue and from an abusive home, he was serverly neglected and attacted by other dogs several times.
we are originally from ct and have lived in az for 3 years.
none of our friends have kids so we've kind of lost our social life. we have a few neighbors with babies, but don't share many of the same ideals. i'm looking for others with similar life styles.
#2 of 4 Old 10-27-2008, 02:59 PM

Hi, I have an almost 8 week old daughter named Quinn. My boyfriend and I are also in Chandler. We are a home-birthing, breast feeding, co-sleeping, babywearing, non vaccinating, eco conscious family. On the crunchy scale we are probably moderately crunchy. I am not a stay at home mom but am off for another week yet. I wish I were a stay at home mom!!! Soon I hope to be! I would love a like minded mom friend! We natural parent types seem few and far between.::: ::::: The smilies say it all!!! Here's my email pinkandpurpl@gmail.com
#3 of 4 Old 10-28-2008, 01:11 PM

You can try azmamas. Go to yahoo groups then search azmamas. It was formed by an mdc mama and is full of a variety of like minded mamas. There is also Attachment Parenting International. API has meetups in a few places around the valley- and I recognize three of the names as being in azmamas Also try Le Leche League for like minded mamas.

Where were you from in Connecticut? I'm guessing upstate . . . we were in Fairfield County for 8 years and you'll find many more sling wearing, co-sleeping, AP mamas in AZ. Good luck!
#4 of 4 Old 11-02-2008, 01:38 AM

I live in Gilbert, I'm 23 and a mostly sahm to almost 4 month old Maren. I taught kindergarten prior to having her and am just starting to sub a bit. I'm a huge animal lover, vegetarian, and we cloth diaper and breastfeed,with some co-sleeping thrown in. My email is eleanor@infinadyne.com We're also the only ones out of our friends to have a baby. It's definitely a little isolating, but it's totally worth it!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page