Utah Mamas, Raw milk in American Fork! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-27-2008, 12:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just saw this listing posted on KSL. Looks promising. I emailed to find out more about it. I don't know if the dairy is in AF or if they will be bringing it up from Woolsey's Dairy in Payson. Either way !

Also on KSL, I found a local mama here in Lehi who sells eggs from her pastured chickens. Sah-weet! I haven't gotten any yet, but I think I'm going to go tomorrow!

Is the world finally coming around or what? :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2008, 02:04 AM

Wow that sounds great!:
Old 11-06-2008, 02:04 AM

Have you heard anything back about this milk? It would be wonderful if it's in AF. $4.50/gal is a great price. I've been getting mine from Woolsey's and it's now $7/gal plus I have to drive to Payson every few weeks for the co-op. I guess I'd better call them & get on their list.

Thanks for the head's up:.

Cindycaffix.gif, wife to soapbox.gif, mama to DD1 (4/97)lol.gif, DD2 (3/99)bouncy.gif, DS (4/03)biggrinbounce.gif, and DD3 (6/07)energy.gif, 3 cat.gif, and 10 chicken3.gif.

Old 11-06-2008, 04:43 PM

I sent an email this morning and just heard back. They are going to be selling the milk out of a retail location in Pleasant Grove. If you want to get on the list just reply to the ad and tell them how many gallons of milk you need a week.:

Cindycaffix.gif, wife to soapbox.gif, mama to DD1 (4/97)lol.gif, DD2 (3/99)bouncy.gif, DS (4/03)biggrinbounce.gif, and DD3 (6/07)energy.gif, 3 cat.gif, and 10 chicken3.gif.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:46 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah... I got the same email back. They never said anything about what kind of cows it's coming from. The price seems really low, which has me a bit worried about the quality (organic?) of the milk. We'll see. Seems like it should be up an running within a few weeks, though!
Old 11-08-2008, 04:14 PM

I just called and talked to them and this is what I was told:

The cows are in Mount Pleasant. The owners of the cows are the children of the people in P.G. who will be selling the milk. The milk will be brought up here if there is a high enough demand. I was told I am #6 on the list and they do not think there will be a problem with demand.

The are Brown Swiss cows. Anyone know anything about this breed? Is this good?

They have been screened by the state and are in the process of building the barn to state specifics.

They hope to start selling milk in about a month.

I asked if the milk was organic and she that the cows are pastured. No antibiotics and no pesticides sprayed on the pasture.

They are just starting out and have 2 pregnant cows so far.

Price will be between 4-5 dollars a gallon.

teapot2.GIF jog.gif

Old 11-08-2008, 04:17 PM

springbabes: I was just reading your blog and I thought you and your children looked somewhat familiar. Then, I saw your post about homeschool soccer and it clicked. We were there too! I showed my oldest the pictures and he said, "Hey-that's Sophie!" My oldest two were on the same team as your dd. My 4 year old was on your sons team but he refused to play. He just sat on my lap.

teapot2.GIF jog.gif

Old 11-08-2008, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
I just called and talked to them and this is what I was told:

The cows are in Mount Pleasant. The owners of the cows are the children of the people in P.G. who will be selling the milk. The milk will be brought up here if there is a high enough demand. I was told I am #6 on the list and they do not think there will be a problem with demand.

The are Brown Swiss cows. Anyone know anything about this breed? Is this good?

They have been screened by the state and are in the process of building the barn to state specifics.

They hope to start selling milk in about a month.

I asked if the milk was organic and she that the cows are pastured. No antibiotics and no pesticides sprayed on the pasture.

They are just starting out and have 2 pregnant cows so far.

Price will be between 4-5 dollars a gallon.
Thanks for finding all this out. It sounds very promising. Did they happen to mention if their bottles are glass or plastic? I love the glass bottles from Woolsey's!

I looked up Brown Swiss cows and found out that their milk is good for cheese-making because of its high percentage of protein and fat.

Old 11-08-2008, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
springbabes: I was just reading your blog and I thought you and your children looked somewhat familiar. Then, I saw your post about homeschool soccer and it clicked. We were there too! I showed my oldest the pictures and he said, "Hey-that's Sophie!" My oldest two were on the same team as your dd. My 4 year old was on your sons team but he refused to play. He just sat on my lap.
Small world! I do have a vague memory of a little boy not wanting to play. I think I might have even talked to you? You have Sophie curious now--what are your older kids' names? We're disappointed you don't have pictures on your blog.

Old 11-08-2008, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by springbabes View Post
Small world! I do have a vague memory of a little boy not wanting to play. I think I might have even talked to you? You have Sophie curious now--what are your older kids' names? We're disappointed you don't have pictures on your blog.
Pm'ing you.

teapot2.GIF jog.gif

Old 11-14-2008, 09:22 PM

The ad has been removed now, so I was wondering if someone could email me the contact info/details? TIA!:

, , , and

User Tag List