Looking for a Mary Kay or something similar person in Chandler area - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-30-2008, 05:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have never mastered the makeup thing, but I want to learn. My friend and I want to have a mama's night out with someone who can teach us the basics and we can buy a few simple things. We are both on tight budgets. I just don't want to go to someone who cakes on the makeup and makes me look like someone I'm not-- I want natural make-up and very simple. The last time I went to a make up session was about 10 years ago and the woman made me feel like cr@p about my skin tone blemishes and some other things, and it turned me off for a long time. My friend and I also don't want to go to a make-up counter at a dept. store because we just both feel kinda out of our element there.

If you know of anyone, especially if they are an AP mama and naturally minded, we would love to meet with her some evening next month. Please PM me if you or they are uncomfortable putting the info up on the main boards. Thanks!

7yo: "Mom,I know which man is on a quarter and which on is on a nickel. They both have ponytails, but one man has a collar and the other man is naked. The naked man was our first president."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2008, 01:26 AM

heres a way to find anindependent consultant in your area. just put in your zip code. i can't attest to any single person but i have sold MK in the past.

i have to say that i LOVE their foundation. its a medium liquid weight and lightens/darkens to match your skin tone even better so you will NOT have those nasty lines where your makeup stops. they also have a foundation with SPF in it to combine those steps. i think there is also a tinted moisturizer...or maybe its an spf moisturizer. they should also be able to help you pick out a moisturizer, face wash, and the right foundation to HELP acne not tell you to just cover it up. i find that if you just want something ultra natural a liquid foundation, some gloss (they have some nice light lipsticks as well) and a little bit of mascara makes you look fresh as rain but like you just got out of bed and washed your face. oh and a little tip i learned from a different place....use a little bit of your blush on your eyes! double duty is a lot better!
Old 11-27-2008, 02:00 AM

i have a friend/coworker who is a mary kay consultant. he's not an ap mama...rather a gay man, and he's in central phoenix, but he might be able to help you out if you're interested. if so, feel free to pm me.

User Tag List