Gyno/Midwife Recommendation in San Diego? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 12-09-2008, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello. Does anyone have a recommendation for a gynecologist or midwife in San Diego? The trick is that my medical group is Sharp, so it would need to be someone from that medical group. Does anyone go through Sharp for their medical care and have an gynecologist/midwife that they like? I think a lot of us are on the same page, but I'm looking for someone who is pro-breastfeeding, caring, and not someone who rushes through patients. I don't care about male or female.

If you have an OB-GYn/midwife that isn't part of Sharp that you absolutely love, feel free to post that too. Who knows, if I can't find someone great in Sharp maybe I will switch medical groups.

Janine. Wife to Matthew and mother to DD (10 months). We are a happy vegan family living in sunny So. Cal.
#2 of 5 Old 12-15-2008, 05:45 PM

I am in the Sharp Community Medical Group and currently go to West Coast OBGYN. I have seen all the doctors there because that's how they do it when you are pregnant. Everyone is good, especially Dr. Saffer.

Good Luck!
#3 of 5 Old 12-16-2008, 11:46 PM

I also see the doctors at West Coast OB/GYN and have been very happy with them.
#4 of 5 Old 12-31-2008, 02:33 AM

sorry this isn't Sharp--does that mean you have an HMO?
If not...Best Start Birth Center in Hillcrest has wonderful midwives.. with a ppo it was cheaper for me to give birth there than the hospital, and I loved the experience.

a good 'traditional' ob/gyn is Dr. Chrysten Cunningham: 619-298-6701--also in Hillcrest. She doesn't take HMOs... but she does deliveries at Sharp Mary Birch. Her office is never too busy and she always has time for you. I really like her.
#5 of 5 Old 02-26-2009, 04:48 AM

I had given birth at best start too-- loved it! I hear even if you are cash paying it's cheaper then the hospital. They most likely would have a midwife recommendation for you if you don't want to go there

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page