Need Pediatrician & Daycare in Ventura County, CA - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 02-14-2009, 04:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey y'all. My husband and I are moving to Ventura county in a month or so. We aren't exactly sure where we are going to live. We'll work in Oxnard and live either in Ventura or Camarillo probably. Maybe Thousand Oaks, but probably not that far away from the office.

We need to find a good pediatrician though. Our daughter is almost 16 months and still nursing like a champ so its really important to us to find a doctor who is friendly to breastfeeding, especially extended BF. She still nurses 8+ times per day! Also, if we have another little one while we're there we want our ped to be supportive of BFing the little one too. Not sure if we'll be able to tandem nurse because of severe health problems I have in pregnancy, but you get the idea. Nursing is a big deal to us and I'm not willing to listen to someone tell me to wean my girl just because she hit a random age, KWIM?

Also, since we both work full-time, we'll have to find a daycare for her. This has me in a panic. The school she's at now is wonderful and I adore her teachers. I can't imagine leaving her with anyone else. I really want to find a place (preferably a school setting - I was abused at a home daycare so I don't feel safe with her there) that will be loving and gentle with her and foster her creativity and all of that jazz. Also, they must allow me to send in my milk for her. Did I mention that BF is an important thing for us?

Anyway, I'm new to the forums, but a gal on an AP message board reccomended you all as a good resource. Someplace where people would really "get" what I am looking for. Thanks in advance for the help. I'm really stressed out about making this transition as gentle as possible for her.
#2 of 6 Old 03-10-2009, 12:55 AM

I really like our ped-- Dr. Ken Saul in Thousand Oaks. He's totally fine with non vax and is pro bf.

Marcy, mama to Asher (8 yrs) and Kaia (6 yrs)
#3 of 6 Old 03-10-2009, 07:22 PM

Hello and welcome!!

I can't help you w/ a ped, but if I were going to have my kids in a daycare it would be Little Tree in Ventura. We looked into it a couple of years ago and it seemed like a wonderful natural environment.

I live in Ventura, BTW. Maybe I'll see ya around.

Heather, mama to          
#4 of 6 Old 03-18-2010, 02:07 PM

Did you make that move??? :-) Find a ped?

If you did move and haven't found an AP community in VC:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/VenturaCountyAPMoms

Mama to two amazing homeschooling boys born in 1999 and 2002
#5 of 6 Old 10-04-2010, 01:23 AM

Hi,

I admire the steps you are taking to chose a pediatrician. we did the same thing when we were pregnant!

I just want to say that I would not choose Dr. Chronis. My child has suffered greatly, experienced severe pain- more severe than most of us will ever suffer, and will be forever changed as a result of Chronis’s bad judgement, and lack of listening to what we (the parents) were explaining to him. At this point I am uncertain if it was negligence, stupidity, or simply his ego getting in the way of properly caring for my child. Chronis is seemingly a nice guy. But, my experience was horrific. His lack of properly caring for my child has forever left a mark on my child and our family.

I hope that helps!
#6 of 6 Old 10-29-2010, 02:08 AM

This is an old thread but I wanted to add that Dr's White & Ryan at Surfside Peds in Ventura are great!

Cindy, joyful SAH mama to rainbow1284.gif William & Katherinefly-by-nursing2.gif Forever missing Amelia 7-12-09 angel3.gif  signcirc1.gifsaynovax.giflactivist.gif Ask me about my natural cesarean! 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page