CA:Marin or bay area parents using daycare - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 03-05-2009, 02:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I told my friend that I would ask on here for her. She is starting a daycare in the area and is trying to get a consensus on how much child care is in this area. She has tried calling several providers but hasnt gotten far since most ask to submit an application and THEN they will tell you how much it is Which seems weird but anywho. Anyone mind PM'ing me how much they pay for childcare? It is a family daycare offering organic/green environment. Im no help since child care here is pretty cheap so she's trying to get a *market study* going for that area, she's not sure what is too low or too high. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 03-06-2009, 03:44 PM
EVC

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
What age group? AFAIK, there is a significant difference in the cost for infant care vs. toddler care vs. pre-school age care. Also, is she looking for fulltime (flat fee) or part time (by the hour)?

PhDin' mama to dd (Oct. 2005)
#3 of 3 Old 03-07-2009, 12:58 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My toddler was $55 a day. He was 1. When we had a nanny in Marin we paid $17/hr and that was considered on the cheap side. Most wanted $20-$22/hr. For my 2.5 yr old at a Montessori preschool, 9-3 with organic lunch, I pay $670 a month. HTH.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page