Chico area moms? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 45 Old 02-02-2010, 08:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
where's everyone?

Lindsey
Mama to (10/05) and (12/07) (2/10) and expecting in December!
#32 of 45 Old 02-03-2010, 01:12 PM

Sorry - I don't get email notifications for this thread, so thanks for the pm, lindsey8. We've just started going to the Paradise Library Playtime. It's on Wednesdays at 11:00. The first Friday of every month they have a BIG playtime we haven't been to yet, but we've heard is great. If anybody wants to meet there, pm me so we can look for eachother!

Thankful to be a play-at-home-Mommee to my "cage-free" little monkeys, Sam, (1/21/07) and Jonas (8/17/09), a Wifee to my best friend, James, and excited to welcome our first girl-baby this summer. ***Families Are Forever!***

#33 of 45 Old 02-14-2010, 09:09 PM

Hi. I haven't been on this site in a while, but wanted to add my input. I just had baby #2 in Dec. and would love to meet some other moms..

I live in Chico and have a 7.5 year old and a 2 month old. both boys.

Janice

Janice, car seat tech, wife to M since 7/99, mom to C since 4/02 and S since 12/09
#34 of 45 Old 02-24-2010, 09:54 PM - Thread Starter

hi Janice!! PM me if you want to get together

Lindsey
#35 of 45 Old 02-25-2010, 04:07 PM

I thought I'd give a new online community a go. (I've gotten a bit stir crazy and can really use some mommy articles, for sure.)

I live in Chico, have been here for three years now. I am still trying to get my circle of mommy- friends going. Everything changed when I got married and then pregnant. I guess I was the first of my friends to change. I stopped spending time with my old friends, going to punk shows,etc. I spend A LOT of time at home with kids.

My 2 y.o. just started preschool, four hours two days a week. I now have eight free hours to myself every week and am still not quite sure what to do with myself.

Anyway, I just thought I'd say hello to some locals.
#36 of 45 Old 02-25-2010, 04:11 PM - Thread Starter

hi and welcome!!!!!

we're always up for getting together, just lmk!

Lindsey
#37 of 45 Old 03-30-2010, 06:39 PM

Hello Chico!
I'm back to town with my 10m girl and DH. We both grew up here and have been away just long enough for all the restaurants to change, 10 years or so. Our parents are both in town and I'm looking for some friends that will be more supportive of our ideas, you know?

I just wanted to speak up and see if anyone wanted to chat. I hope everyone is enjoying their spring!

-Rudy mama to Ro (5/09)
#38 of 45 Old 03-30-2010, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudymama View Post
Hello Chico!
I'm back to town with my 10m girl and DH. We both grew up here and have been away just long enough for all the restaurants to change, 10 years or so. Our parents are both in town and I'm looking for some friends that will be more supportive of our ideas, you know?

I just wanted to speak up and see if anyone wanted to chat. I hope everyone is enjoying their spring!

-Rudy mama to Ro (5/09)
hi!!! Send me a PM if you want to get together - we're in Chico at least 2-3 days a week. Welcome back!!

Lindsey
#39 of 45 Old 04-27-2010, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyMommee View Post
Anyone familiar with any of the 3 peds at Feather River Hospital?
Dr. Susan L. Mallory
Dr. James R. Logan
Dr. Samuel A. Daniyan
I need to pick one for my 2 year old son and my son on the way soon, and I just don't know anything about any of them. Hoping to find someone ok with a slower paced vx schedule.
I don't know much about them, though we did see Mallory in the hospital(youngest was born via emerg. c-sect. after failed HBAC). We see Dr. Wasserman in Chico and he's GREAT.

Janice, car seat tech, wife to M since 7/99, mom to C since 4/02 and S since 12/09
#40 of 45 Old 05-29-2010, 06:17 AM

Hi everyone! I haven't had time to visit here in what seems like forever, but I enjoy the MDC community. I had to come find out who's from Chico. We are moving there this summer! I'm so super duper excited!!! My husband has work waiting for him, so we're hoping to be there by August.

Jaime ~ married to Chad, mommie to Elaine shamrocksmile.gif 03/17/08, 3rdtri.gif due 02/14/11 joy.gifHappy Valentines Day!

#41 of 45 Old 08-08-2010, 02:21 AM

Just found this threat with a "chico" search. We are going to be moving back after five years away this fall. I have two little girls, 2 and 4. We are part of a huge AP group here in Orange COunty and I am hoping to find some like minded mommies to hang out with in our new hometown of CHico. ANyone out there?
#42 of 45 Old 08-09-2010, 03:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyS View Post
Just found this threat with a "chico" search. We are going to be moving back after five years away this fall. I have two little girls, 2 and 4. We are part of a huge AP group here in Orange COunty and I am hoping to find some like minded mommies to hang out with in our new hometown of CHico. ANyone out there?
I'm here! My boys are 2 and 4, and we're expecting another baby in December. Send me a PM and we'll get together!

Lindsey
#43 of 45 Old 08-17-2010, 08:36 PM

hi chico moms!

I'm from chico originally, currently here visiting. loving the heat!!! off to bike to the creek in a few minutes, actually...

wondering if anyone can help me out with cloth (pocket) diaper insert donations for an orphanage in Uganda

thanks!

We're Tiffani , Mark , Lucy (9/99) , Dexter (8/01) ,and Zachary Marvin (3/07) and Naomi Rose (6/09), home 11/10, by way of Ugandan adoption.

#44 of 45 Old 09-28-2010, 01:19 PM

Hi all! I am here too, just have very limited internet access. I'd love to get together with everyone sometime!

#45 of 45 Old 02-01-2012, 01:59 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Bumping the thread- and data mining for all it's worth- we are new to the area in Concow (aka the boonies!)

Hubby and I have 7 kiddos, ages almost 15 to just over 1, all born at home, been nursing for almost 15 years straight now, unschooling, yadda yadda yadda

I'd love to hear about any get togethers on my side of the county. We are driving almost an hour into Chico once a week for the homeschool park day at Wildwood Park- we've got to make some friends closer to home!

-Alison Murphy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page