Does anyone know of a midwife in ... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-29-2009, 03:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
the Fresno/Merced area willing to take a late transfer??

I am 30 weeks and desperately want to homebirth, but due to financial circumstance was unable to get seen properly leading up to this. I have had 2 u/s's, though. One at 7.5 weeks, another just last week (3d). My husband got a better job in April and we have insurance (Tricare Prime Remote), so that's no longer an issue but I am worried about paying for the costs for a midwife this late in the game (if she expect full price), not to mention if she will even take me! I have called a birthing center nearby (2 hours away) and they will not take me as they said I don't have bloodwork from 20 weeks?? I don't understand why I can't get that done now, but nonetheless, that midwife refused to see me.

I am e-mailing all the midwives I can find, and have e-mailed another birth center in Sacramento, but was hoping someone would have some advice/info/suggestions that I have yet to come across.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2009, 01:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You could see if Chana Cossman is back from her sabbatical. She did my hb and she's in the Fresno area. We hired her in the last trimester. Um, I don't know if I still have her number. If you can't get it from the internet or information then I'll see if I can find it.

User Tag List